We have a 2020 Reflection 260RD fifth wheel. While in Lancaster Pa recently, we needed to use the furnace...first time. While there are two temp controls, the one in the upper bedroom is strictly for the AC. The temp control on the main level is for both AC and heat. I have had a fifth wheel before but did not notice the significant difference in temp. I did notice that the furnace is located in the same area of the upper bedroom vent...when it is blowing, you can actually see the glow of the furnace in the ductwork. For example, to permit the upper bedroom to be comfortable, I had to set the temp on the main floor at 63. Even at 63, when the furnace kicks in, the bedroom will heat up some for a very short period, I mean heat up.

My thought is to close (block off) the floor vent in the upper bedroom. Our older fifth wheel did not have a heat vent in the upper bedroom. The problem is if we had guests in the lower level on the couch or drop down dining room table ( for a bed), they would be cold and we would be at times (when the furnace kicks in) warmer than desired. With that vent right above the furnace...that room gets hot really fast. With the main level during the day set at 70-71, the bedroom can hit 85-90.

Anyone ever have this issue and did blocking the vent resolve the issue. I would use metal sheeting to close it off. Thoughts and feed back welcome.