I'm new to a diesel (2020 F350 SRW) and learning more and more everyday and slowly building up my knowledge base of a lot of Do's and Dont's. I learned a lot off of the "DEF" post a few days ago and want to do all I can to keep my engine running good for years to come.
Does anyone have any good links to diesel cool down and turbo cool down. Our shop mechanics used to tell us that the worst thing we could do for our fire engines was to run them as hard as we did from a cold start and shut them down quickly after a call. They always told us to let the engine sit for five minutes and let it cool down and it would help out with the life of the engine and the turbo. I've read the same with my 6.7 engine that I should let it cool down after pulling a load and working the engine hard but how does this apply to everyday driving. Is the turbo working after running around town and the engine is up to operating temperature and should I allow for a cool down after around town driving or even an hour on the highway under no load? I looked through the gauges and was surprised to see there isnt a turbo temperature gauge.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas to all.