Quote Originally Posted by JustDucky View Post
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Furrion HWH 1 edited.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	41344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Furrion HWH 2 edited.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	41345Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8925 (1).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	41346Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8926.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	41347

There are many good ideas here on how to make the Furrion tankless HWH survive in temperatures below 39 degrees. But it seems that basically Grand Design has left it up to each customer to design, research and build their own fix for a problem that shouldn't be the owners responsibilty to fix. For those that may be interested, I've replaced the tankless with a 6gal Suburban HWH that heats water with either the electric heating element, propane or both. I feel that's what Grand Design should have installed in the first place. The 6 gal install was an easy replacement to make and the cost was less than $600.00 all in. Now I can sleep better on those cold nights and have the option to use the campground electric instead of my propane. The water heats to 137 degrees so mixing it with the cold water should make longer showers possible.

Just my 2 cents.

Anybody wanna buy a Furrion tankless HWH used only 7 days?

Bill
I agree. I’m disappointed in Grand Design’s lack of a response/fix for this problem. The build quality is poor and this water heater is bad for a full timer. I don’t know how we are supposed to winter camp with the tankless heater. I’ve tried to find a local tech to do the heating pad mod but haven’t found anyone yet.

On another note, we also received the wrong sink and were told by our salesman that due to supply chain issues substitutions were made. He said that neither the dealership nor GD would install the correct (one basin) kitchen sink even though they are now back in inventory. He said ”that’s easy; you should be able to do that yourself”. I digress.

I’ve had several fellow campers enquire about Grand Design and I’ve done my best to steer them away from this brand.