Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking for solar installer

We're located in southern Georgia and wondering if anyone can recommend a solar installer. I'm willing to go a reasonable distance (roughly 200-250 miles). I'd like to talk to someone who actually has done solar installation on a travel trailer. Our dealer has told us they haven't really worked with solar.

We have a 2020 Imagine 2600RB. Right now we have two Lion Energy UT 1300 lithium (210w total) and have room for an additional battery in the hitch battery box. Also have a Victron BMV-712 in the system, and use 200w Renergy suitcase solar through the side mount solar port, carry a 3200w inverter/generator and have installed a battery charger for lithium. I'm hoping an installer would be able to help determine best way to install and be able to give me the cost of installation.

I'd also like to hear if anyone has experience with a solar installation on this model. I'm thinking going with two 200w mono panels on the roof, 2KW inverter and being able to power up a tv with Dish receiver, charge 2 laptops, phones, etc and power for a Bi-pap in addition to the 12v systems (lights, pump, etc). I'm also wondering about a charger/inverter combo vs the existing battery charger and plug in inverters.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by more tired since retired; 09-14-2021 at 08:47 PM.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379