User Tag List

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mounting Hitch on Flatbed

I’m awaiting delivery of a fifth wheel trailer to pull with my flatbed F-350 with a recessed gooseneck ball. I thought I’d use a Andersen Ultimate Hitch but it negates the function of the Turning Point hitch on my trailer. So now I’m looking for a conventional fifth wheel hitch. My dealer suggested I might weld fifth wheel hitch rails directly to the bed of my truck. Attached is a picture of the truck used by the dealership. I’ve never seen this done. I’d appreciate your suggestions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 75023BF7-74AC-4E99-8485-AF84EE480509.jpg  
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)