If this is the wrong spot, please move…
I purchased a new Shaw Direct Satellite in April of this year. It’s a Winegard automatic seek one on the roof.
I came down to the states being told that I “won’t have a problem” getting signal as I have the upgraded unit.
Well, it worked in Montana, Utah, but now I’m in Quartzsite with no Shaw. I can’t even get the darn thing to peak or locate a satellite. All it does is go round and round. I’ve been on the phone with Winegard who said I needed to contact Shaw, wiphich I did. I have now been on the phone for close to 2 hours and the “help desk” keeps telling me they’ll send a technician to my house in Canada! She just doesn’t get it that I’m in the US using a dish on my trailer. I’ve been waiting for almost 40 minutes to talk to her supervisor and am just about ready to scream.
The satellite guy here in Quartzsite says this “another” issue they’ve started having with Shaw in the last little while. Although most people can lock on by using the options 47A and shutting it down manually when picture shows. I don’t even get that…just the damn thing going round and round.
Long and shirt, once again, I believe Shaw has screwed us all over again! Not impressed!
Im on the phone now with the supervisor, we’ll see what happens.
Anyone else having this issue?