So, as we prep to pick up our 5th wheel in April for our first trips in April (local) and May (distance), reading through the forum posts on difficulty of obtaining sites and fuel card choices, what would you recommend for those of us starting (or re-starting since we only had KOA years ago) from the ground up? A couple of 3-4 week trips this year - who know what comes next year but not full timing.

We have some flexibility in that we don't need a hook-up every night for travel, but I really am not into 800 mile drives per day any longer and may want an option to stay two nights at a location while in transit.

From a diesel perspective, seems Pilot is more available in the Northeast (Love's not so much) where we will start from and I think I read in one thread that you need to have a Good Sams membership to get a Pilot/Flying J card to allow fueling in the truck lanes? With a 32 gallon tank (unless I mod that), will be stopping for fuel quite frequently.

I've also read the on-line reviews and of course they are all over the map and wondered how many memberships folks start out with? Harvest Hosts interests us, but the potential convenience/availability of a KOA, etc. may come in useful for longer runs?

For my initial short list,
1) TSD Open Roads Fuel Card
2) RV Trip Wizard
3) Pilot card (if that means a yearly Good Sams oh well)
4) ???

Suggestions/recommendations very welcome.
Thanks,
John