Early last year, after forgetting I had raided the RV spares for batteries to help my grandkids power the lights on a Christmas parade float, I found myself needing AAA batteries while camping in a fairly remote area. Ended up paying about $2 each for them. When we got home, I paid attention and saw that the price wasn’t very good even at stores that brag about low prices.

That set me thinking about rechargeable batteries. Upon investigation, I settled on Eneloop Pro batteries. Not cheap, but you can use them over and over. 500 times is the claim.

I bought 20 each in AA and AAA along with two chargers that can recharge four batteries at a time.

I’m using them both at home and in the RV, hence the two chargers.

I’ve been very happy so far. In the RV, the batteries are used in remotes, flashlights and lanterns, the refrigerator thermometers, my wife’s book light and likely several things I don’t remember. I carry four spares of each size to use while recharging the new spares.

At home, I’m using them everywhere as batteries die. I’m seeing much longer life in the outdoor motion detectors for lighting which are particularly hard on batteries.

Well worth considering IMO.