Hi All,

Just put a deposit down on a new rig and I’m looking for feedback on the hitch set up I’m looking at. We are not new to the RV’ing world but are venturing into the new territory of the 5’er realm. I spent some time searching the forum to see if my question has already been addressed but my technical prowess leaves much to be desired. So I ask for a little grace if this is a repeat inquiry.

My TV is a 2016 Chevy 2500HD shortbed (no puck). The trailer we are purchasing is a 36’ Reflections 31MB. After all the research I’ve done, I decided on a B & W turnover ball and a Reese Goosebox. I also was looking at a 4” offset ball to increase turning radius without the worry of cab crush. When I relayed my desired set up to the dealer, he advised that I did not need the offset ball and that I would have “no problem” making a 90 degree turn if needed. I’m obviously a little skeptical having done quite a bit of reading on the subject prior to selecting this set up.

I would love to hear some feedback from anyone rocking a similar set up with a shortbed TV and if you think the 4” offset would be worth the investment regardless of what the dealer says. I appreciate any and all responses. Cheers!