I recently took delivery of a Reflection 315RLTS. As I was loading in all my goodies from my previous rig a question occurred to me about the Schwintek bedroom slide (as this is my first experience with this system).
On my new unit the configuration of the bedroom slide has both storage under the bed, and storage accessible from the outside on the same mechanism.
My concern is what is the load limit so as not to cause a problem with overloading the motor system?
I travel with a fair degree of tools, extra power cable and power filtering equipment. I anticipate that the desired items I want to place in this external storage weight up to 250 pounds. What may go under the bed on the inside will add to that weight.
Being cautious I called Grand Design customer service and they were not able to answer my question and stated that they had no standard weight limit established. After some time it was suggested I call Lippert (as they manufacture the Schwintek system). Their CS rep. could not answer the question and suggested I call my trailer manufacture. Beginning to get the picture?

The best I could get is that Lippert said that the motors on the Schwintek system were designed to handle 600 pounds w/out rollers (this would include the room weight, manufacturer add on items like the bed platform, mattress etc and what ever else is part of the slide). The addition of roller supports would increase that capacity and those were selected and installed by the trailer manufacture.

I need as solid of an answer as I can get before I have a slide failure due to overloading.
Should not be a warranty issue, as there is not a stated maximum.
Or am I worried about nothing?