User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question TireMinder Rhino Signal Booster - mounting & wiring suggestions?

I purchased a TireMinder Smart TPMS which comes with transmitters, a Rhino signal booster, and a Bluetooth adapter to send the signal to a smartphone.

Any suggestions for mounting locations and wiring configuration for the signal booster? The instruction manual suggests mounting the signal booster on the underside of the trailer for good reception from the transmitters on the tires. The signal booster also needs a connection for 12V power.

Is there an easy location to tap into 12V power after the battery disconnect switch? I'll be installing on a 2018 Imagine 2800BH.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that most people I know have put it in the front cargo area. Some attach to their battery box. I mount it high in the cargo area out of the way. There r lots of spots in there to tap into a 12v power source.
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanker24 View Post
    I would say that most people I know have put it in the front cargo area. Some attach to their battery box. I mount it high in the cargo area out of the way. There r lots of spots in there to tap into a 12v power source.
    Same place I put mine, and I added it to the switch for my rear camera.

Ben
    Sharon, Ben & Maggi-Ann (the Cockapoo)
    2014 Reflection 293RES with Airborne Sidewinder
    2015 Ford F150 Ecoboost 4x4 Crewcab with Reese R16

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased a Tireminder TM-77. I had planned to mount signal booster in the front cargo area. After reading the directions Tireminder says to mount it to or near the kingpin. Anyone mount one here? Any reason why not to mount in cargo area?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wired tied my booster to jack post with "on" light facing up; therefore it is visual reminder to cut off booster when disconnecting camper or turn on when connecting camper to truck. Have push button switch installed on handle of battery box with 5 amp fuse. My camper sets under carport at back of garage and my truck is parked in garage and tire pressure monitor works at this distance; headed to Florida on Sat and will give Tire Minder system it's first real test other than just parked at house.

Core Tools CT126-LS-B Black Push Button Waterproof Switch from Amazon; fuse holder came from Walmart.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try out the signal booster in the front storage compartment. It should be pretty easy to connect to 12V power at the docking station located in the front storage compartment - probably at the terminals on the battery disconnect switch. The signal booster came pre-wired with some alligator clips. If signal reception works okay inside the front storage compartment, then I'll come up with a cleaner permanent setup for wiring.

Any suggestions for fastening to the walls inside the front storage compartment? It seems like I would want something a little more secure than just screwing into the thin wood paneling. Do I need to go with self-tapping screws into an aluminum framing member behind the wood paneling?
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jw^2 family View Post
    Any suggestions for fastening to the walls inside the front storage compartment? It seems like I would want something a little more secure than just screwing into the thin wood paneling. Do I need to go with self-tapping screws into an aluminum framing member behind the wood paneling?
    Joe - Two sided foam tape should work just fine . . . the booster doesn't weigh much . . . in fact, I think my TireMinder booster came with two sided tape.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I mounted my TST booster on the back wall of my TT. I tapped into a light for power and added a SPST switch so I could turn it on or off as desired.

Here is a source for the switch I used:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides the TPMS signal booster, I figured there's a chance I might need 12V DC power in the front pass-thru compartment for other future modifications. Therefore I opted to install a fuse block and ground terminal inside the universal docking station. Power to the fuse block comes from the switched side of the battery disconnect switch, and ground goes through the floorboard to the frame. As others recommended, the TPMS signal booster is mounted to the front wall using double-sided tape.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190203_143436331.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	17495

Name:	IMG_20190203_152520542.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	17496
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My truck only has the "idiot light" to tell you of low tire pressure. I have six tires, but it doesn't tell you which one is low. I already have the SMART Tireminder TPMS for my RV, and have moved it back and forth between my boat as well. This past weekend I decided to hardwire it into my truck, and added six sensors to the truck tires.

I mounted it directly to the 7-wire plug bracket (bottom) on the back of the truck, and cut the power in from the 7-wire plug in the bed of the truck. Wiring it this way ensures that power is only present when the Accessories have power, or when the ignition is on. It is low enough to be able to "see" all the tires but not so low that it would impact the ground (the hitch would take that hit first).

1st pic is looking at the back of the truck. The signal booster is mounted directly beneath the 7-pin plug.

Name:	6B9C3227-C1E2-40DE-9962-5EC57B567218.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	17532

Another shot from behind looking up at the plug and booster.

Name:	95781E82-3B18-4FE5-89BA-3B2C09D6C7AF.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	17533

I ran separate wires and enclosed them in flexible plastic wire loom, then wrapped the entire length of it with heavy duty black duct tape. Each wire connection was made with my crimping tool and heat-shrink connectors. These connectors were then wrapped in a heavier shrink-wrap as well and run inside the wire loom. Finally everything was zip-tied in place under the truck.

In this pic you’ Laying directly underneath the signal booster looking up. Green light is the power light.

Name:	2F243686-E469-4DC8-B7DA-10200ABA6383.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	960.5 KB 
ID:	17535

The location of the Rhino signal booster is perfect for truck, RV, and boat. No more moving it around between trailers, connecting up alligator clips to battery terminals, etc.

Name:	93BDCF51-F2E0-4469-84C8-A49A7EEF6E9A.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	17536
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FBFEBC48-994F-4589-B56E-F803C2C89AB8.jpg  
    Last edited by jim1521; 02-05-2019 at 09:41 PM.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast