Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling a 337RLS

Hello everyone, we are looking at 5th wheels and are/were seriously considering a 337RLS and I need some additional information to see where to go from here. We currently own a different brand of TT, it is our second so we are pretty well versed in RVing.

One of my big gripes of a TT is leveling it especially left to right. Whether we are boondocking or pulling into a RV Park it’s a bit of a hassle to set the trailer where we want it, get a beer then go inside and get the level and see where we are at. Then go into the storage compartment and bring out the Lego blocks, by then I usually need another beer since I take my dear sweet time. I’m lucky that my DW is always willing to help so I have her move the trailer a bit and then I insert the blocks and she backs up onto them. I then go back inside to verify the trailer is level side to side, if it’s not we start this rodeo all over again and more beer. The more beer part I don’t mind it’s the playing with Lego’s I do mind. Then we chock the wheels and unhitch, don't forget the WDH. We then get the level and do the front to back with the electric front jack, when all that is done we then deploy the stabilizers. This a 2 sometimes 3 beer operation.

There are many reasons in my opinion to move up to a 5th wheel and one of the bigs is auto-leveling, having the ability to touch a button and stand back while drinking a beer is a big deal to me in this.
    So I have pretty well settled in that auto-leveling is a must if we are going to go to a FW. I had assumed the 337 had 4 auto-leveling electric jacks but I think I have come to find out they are stabilizers. If we are going to go to the expense of upgrading this would be a deal-breaker for us and the Reflection line.

So my question I need to ask so I can make sure; is the process of leveling a 337 still going to require pulling up onto blocks then leveling front to back then letting down the stabilizers?

I don’t see anywhere on the reflection line where auto-level is an option. Assuming it is not is there an aftermarket system that is available?

Would I be better to save some more pennies and move to the Solitude?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you thought about using Andersen levelers? Way easier than Lego style.
    http://www.andersenhitches.com/Produ...r-leveler.aspx

Of course a new 5er would be nicer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the hydraulic auto-leveling system is not "listed as an option" on the 337, you may still be able to have it installed by the factory.
    I've heard of other things owners have had added during the manufacturing process. Check with GDRV directly or one of their Regional Reps if you're not confident a dealer is giving you the right answer.

And BTW: Does the DW pop the top on the beer for you?

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was in your same place, we bought the 320x solitude with the auto level sys. seems to work fine. added a level on the pin box for left to right level as you pull in place, just so its close,see you out here this spring

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Have you thought about using Andersen levelers? Way easier than Lego style.
    http://www.andersenhitches.com/Produ...r-leveler.aspx

Of course a new 5er would be nicer
    Have a set of those and they work well but I am still trying to defeat this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingerlonger View Post
    If the hydraulic auto-leveling system is not "listed as an option" on the 337, you may still be able to have it installed by the factory.
    I've heard of other things owners have had added during the manufacturing process. Check with GDRV directly or one of their Regional Reps if you're not confident a dealer is giving you the right answer.

And BTW: Does the DW pop the top on the beer for you?

K
    Not the beer

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I laughed at this post -- very funny. Not much different on the 337 as it does not have level-up system.

I guess you don't miss what ya never had. I don't find it much of a problem going thru the leveling process but I've only had to do it a couple times when it was raining. Even if the site is perfectly level I know I will have to raise the service side with one block. Please keep us in the loop if you do go with the Reflection and get the level-up system added. Thanks!
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel