User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about your awning plight. Compared to other replies, we use our awning on the majority of our trips, especially if the shade is limited in the afternoon.
    On the upside, the campsite photos looks like you had an incredible location.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may not hurt to call GDRV and ask for advice on alternate screw locations. A fresh grip would also be helpful. Not sure what type of material you used, but thankfully you did not use fiberglass resin as it will dissolve foam. Epoxy with ground glass is the best method for filling holes in fiberglass but there are other strong materials such as (may no longer be made) duraglass which is a bondo with fiberglass fibers. But I would not sink screws in this material.
    Last edited by MidwestCamper; 04-03-2019 at 04:46 AM.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    It may not hurt to call GDRV and ask for advice on alternate screw locations. A fresh grip would also be helpful. Not sure what type of material you used, but thankfully you did not use fiberglass resin as it will dissolve foam. Epoxy with ground glass is the best method for filling holes in fiberglass but there are other strong materials such as (may no longer be made) duraglass which is a bondo with fiberglass fibers. But I would not sink screws in this material.
    Why wouldn't you sink screws through the Bondo mixed with fiberglass (that's the same as Bondo Glass that I used).

For any future lookers, I found the exact models of hardware replacement through dometic and it is going to run me 1575 before frieght shipping (which I'm guessing between $125-200). That's from a dometic dealer in Reno.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wstcoaster07 View Post
    Why wouldn't you sink screws through the Bondo mixed with fiberglass (that's the same as Bondo Glass that I used).

For any future lookers, I found the exact models of hardware replacement through dometic and it is going to run me 1575 before frieght shipping (which I'm guessing between $125-200). That's from a dometic dealer in Reno.
    wstcoaster07,

I do not think the bondo with glass is as strong as the original undisturbed material, The patch material is also no stronger than its bond. GDRV can guide you on alternate screw locations in the vertical direction for a fresh bite on the wall material. This would be the strongest mounting and with GDRV approval in location, you can't go wrong. Make sure you pre-drill the RV in either method you chose. Be careful here in the drill size and depth.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12