User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winterizing RV

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitetailwatch View Post
    Mine would not work until I put the antifreeze bottle at the same level as the pump. The pump was not strong enough to hoist the fluid to the pump. By putting the fluid at the same level it took strain off the pump. Hope this works for you.
    ^^^^ This ^^^^^
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raftsman View Post
    I winterized mine last weekend. My only issue I had was the toilet valve wouldn’t stop leaking. Lost alot of liquid down the toilet. Not sure why valve wouldn’t shut off. Anyone have any thoughts, Is it a pressure problem. Thanks
    Yes it is a pressure sensitive valve in the toilet. Had it happened last year while camping and RV park lost water pressure. I called Thetford and that was their 1st question" Low water pressure?" Sure enough. Still had to prop open the bowl seal so as to not have the bowl overfill until water pressure came back. Your pump should keep up enough pressure as long as not all the other valves are open

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just winterized my 2020 297RSTS and had the same problem, no suction. I tried the jug at the same level. Higher. Lower. Even shortened my hose. Had to essentially pour the antifreeze through the opening. I use a ~3' long vinyl hose attached to a fitting and really felt like it was just sucking in air. The system should gather enough pressure with the antifreeze that the pump will shut off. I think you all might have solved it for me, though, I stupidly removed the washer/screen to winterize. No idea why I did that, but that's likely why it was sucking in so much air. I should go out and try it tomorrow. What's another jug of wasted pink stuff.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did mine last week. I Put the jug in the tray, as mentioned before, and reversed the screen, as the manual says. Everything worked fine. Now we'll see about next year....
    Last edited by SGT ROC; 10-28-2019 at 08:00 AM.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Nautilus P1 system. When in the winterizing position is the water heater bypassed? After draining, I am assuming the heater drain plug is replaced and antifreeze is NOT routed into the heater tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dryfly, That is correct.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just winterized my 2018 337. Yes, you have to prime it for it to work. Definitely gonna buy a hose with a priming bulb next year.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    I just winterized my 2018 337. Yes, you have to prime it for it to work. Definitely gonna buy a hose with a priming bulb next year.
    I just winterized our new 2019 337 and didn’t need to prime anything. The only thing I had to do was reverse the screen like others have mentioned to open the one way valve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    I just winterized our new 2019 337 and didn’t need to prime anything. The only thing I had to do was reverse the screen like others have mentioned to open the one way valve.
    I'll give this a try next time. I've heard of people removing screen which i did and it didn't help.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    I'll give this a try next time. I've heard of people removing screen which i did and it didn't help.
    Reversing the screen pushes the valve open slightly. The pumps probably don't create enough draw on air only to lift the antifreeze AND open the valve.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast