Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: TV connections

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV connections

Purchased a used 2018 Reflection 297RSTS with no manuals. Due to the Coronavirus have not been able to use it yet. So, while sitting home decided to purchase an HD antenna to mount atop the pole barn. The only way I can get any channels is to attach the coax directly to the TV. I have tried every configuration I can think of. I知 convinced there is a problem with the wiring in our rv but I am not really sure. Now I知 wondering if we will be able to hook up to the cable in a campground. I have attached 2 photos - one is of multiple connections in the docking area and the other is in the storage compartment on the door side. Also, the owner痴 manual on line says the power to the roof antenna should be off if connecting an outside antenna. My question is which car outlet do I use to get the outside antenna to the living room and outside tv and also when we do get to a campground where do I attach to receive cable?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CD241FB1-0D4F-40A9-86A5-933215DEDDBA.jpg   8AE18BC0-CFD1-4616-AA7F-AF164079391C.jpg  

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wwwes1960 View Post
    Purchased a used 2018 Reflection 297RSTS with no manuals. Due to the Coronavirus have not been able to use it yet. So, while sitting home decided to purchase an HD antenna to mount atop the pole barn. The only way I can get any channels is to attach the coax directly to the TV. I have tried every configuration I can think of. I知 convinced there is a problem with the wiring in our rv but I am not really sure. Now I知 wondering if we will be able to hook up to the cable in a campground. I have attached 2 photos - one is of multiple connections in the docking area and the other is in the storage compartment on the door side. Also, the owner痴 manual on line says the power to the roof antenna should be off if connecting an outside antenna. My question is which car outlet do I use to get the outside antenna to the living room and outside tv and also when we do get to a campground where do I attach to receive cable?
    For Cable TV normally connect to the Cable jack at the docking panel and have the booster power off.

Attached is klenger's coax drawing for a 297RSTS that might help, it has the living room and outside TVs labeled a little different.

Hooking the HD antenna into the Cable jack would go thru a splitter, then the booster which is like a splitter when its power button is off, then another splitter to get to the Televisions.

Reference Library: Klenger's 297RSTS Diagrams https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...7RSTS-Diagrams
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Klenger OEM RF Coax.pdf  
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scan for channels is needed.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wwwes1960 View Post
    Just went through this over the weekend during our first outing of the year - frustrating.

We have an Imagine so not as many outlets as your Reflection but here's what works in our unit:

I attach the coax from the campground pedestal to the Sat/Living Room connection at the Utility Center in the pass-through area. Then inside the coach at the TV connection I connect the cable to the Sat outlet (instead of the OTA or Over the Air outlet) and turn off the booster. Then navigate to the TV's menu/Channels/Input and select Cable/Sat. Next, navigate to the TV's Channels section and choose Scan. It will take a few minutes but if you see the scan detecting channels you know you have everything connected properly.

Not sure why it has to be so complicated (and I've worked in recording studios for 30 years - this isn't out of my comfort zone at all) but once you've figured out the connections it's pretty straightforward.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch