User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socket size for stabilizers

Picking up our 2400BH this weekend and staying overnight. I'm trying to pack my impact for the stabilizers...what size socket is it?

I tried to search but didn't seem to have any decent results.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the new rig. The stabilizers use a 3/4" socket.
    2022 Reflection 150 series 295RL
    2020 Ford F350 Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed, 7.3 Godzilla & 3.73 rear end
    (previous) 2018 Imagine 2670MK
    2016 Ford F250 Lariat Supercab, 6.2 gasser, 3002 lbs payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterpiano View Post
    Congratulations on the new rig. The stabilizers use a 3/4" socket.
    Thanks for both the congrats and the socket size! I already had a 3/4" in there as well so works out great.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewstain View Post
    Picking up our 2400BH this weekend and staying overnight. I'm trying to pack my impact for the stabilizers...what size socket is it?

I tried to search but didn't seem to have any decent results.
    You can buy dedicated 3/4” sockets that have a short hex bit permanently attached. Fits either impact or drill-driver. These are much less likely to get lost in the socket storage box. N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't use an impact drill on the stabilizers, you'll beat out the threads. I use a standard cordless drill.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get a 3/4 and 13/16 flip socket too. That way you are covered both ways. They are impact sockets so using them with an impact socket they will not break. They are 1/2 inch drive. Get a short extension that you can put on it and leave it on it. If you have a 3l8 impact you can gat a 3/8 to 1/2 extension. When using an impact you always want to use impact sockets. A chrome socket breaks it will come apart in a lot of pieces that will go flying when using an impact which can be very dangerous. If a impact socket breaks it will only crack with no pieces flying to hurt you.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    I wouldn't use an impact drill on the stabilizers, you'll beat out the threads. I use a standard cordless drill.
    I agree. I bought a Harbor Freight cordless drill for around $15 or $16 with a coupon and leave it in the basement storage area. The battery discharges WAY to quickly but I just leave the charger plugged into the outlet on the Utility Center in the basement and put the battery on the charger after we set up camp. Enough juice to extend and retract the stabilizers. Give the stabilizer threads a shot of white lithium grease every once in a while and they'll go up and down like an elevator. An impact drill is way overkill for the job.

Now if you're planning on using the impact on a Hensely or ProPride's weight distribution jacks you may have the right idea.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    Stabilizers are not intended to lift the trailer. My DeWalt impact drivers have variable speed triggers, and I extend the stabilizers until they meet the surface, then give the entire drill one more twist by hand to secure, like the drill is a hand tool. We’re not out there trying to attract Pileated Woodpeckers, and to be considerate to neighbors, I feel I’ve failed if that annoying sound is ever heard. That said, there ARE folks we’ve heard in campgrounds who probably suffer from the thread stripping you’ve described (they’re the folks who come in looking and sounding like the kids book, “And the Relatives Came”
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both, I can just put my impact socket in my drill. Batteries are swappable.