User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reef's Real Camp Cooking 5-1 & 5-2-20

Georgia's shelter in place order ended on Thursday night at midnight. It was going to be a nice weekend and I didn't have to work. Made a quick call and got a site reserved for Friday and Saturday night at a local rv park (50 min drive from home). Got off work on Friday, grabbed some groceries from the house and off we went. Finally got to take the 2600rb out for the first time!

Since this was such an impromptu trip didn't cook anything special but had a few decent meals.

Friday night needed something fast and easy. Hamburgers, beans, and chips.

Saturday morning standard fair, pancakes and sausage.

Saturday night was BBQ chicken legs, home fries, and griddle corn.

Great trip.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rcc050320a.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	26292

Name:	rcc050320c.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	26293

Name:	rcc050320d.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	26294
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Food looks fine and I’m envious, everything around us is still closed. I really hope that the early lift the lockdown states don’t get a second wave of this chaos, suppose time will tell.

Good plan to hit something local on a maiden voyage. So how did the 2600RB work out for you? Any surprises or issues? Were you at a full hook-up park? We have looked at a couple of other units but my wife loves the bath on our unit, it is the same as yours.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Food looks fine and I’m envious, everything around us is still closed. I really hope that the early lift the lockdown states don’t get a second wave of this chaos, suppose time will tell.

Good plan to hit something local on a maiden voyage. So how did the 2600RB work out for you? Any surprises or issues? Were you at a full hook-up park? We have looked at a couple of other units but my wife loves the bath on our unit, it is the same as yours.
    I'm quite certain GA is going to experience a second wave but it won't be from me. I'm a high risk category of person so it'll be a really long time before I go out to eat or go bowling. I was sheltering in place (even though the order was lifted), I was just in a different local in my second "home".

No real issues. The latch that holds the screen door to the main door does need to be adjusted and tightened down.

The door to the dinette storage on the front side needs to open in the opposite direction. As it is now you basically have to climb over the door to get to that storage. This is an example of people who design these things don't actually use them. It's only about 8 screws to flip the opening to the other side.

I'll have both those problems fixed before I take it out again. Really minor issues.
    Charles and Susan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a win trip to me, even if it was only 50 miles or so. Good luck and hope you have many more. I might just sleep in the rig on the driveway tonight.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    Georgia's shelter in place order ended on Thursday night at midnight. It was going to be a nice weekend and I didn't have to work. Made a quick call and got a site reserved for Friday and Saturday night at a local rv park (50 min drive from home). Got off work on Friday, grabbed some groceries from the house and off we went. Finally got to take the 2600rb out for the first time!

Since this was such an impromptu trip didn't cook anything special but had a few decent meals.

Friday night needed something fast and easy. Hamburgers, beans, and chips.

Saturday morning standard fair, pancakes and sausage.

Saturday night was BBQ chicken legs, home fries, and griddle corn.

Great trip.
    Inquiring minds want to know!

Did you cook everything inside on the stove or did you bring along a griddle or grill?

All those meals look delicious - and why do they always seem to taste better when made at a campsite...?

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did the chicken cross its legs?

sorry - couldn't resist.

Glad you got out and the food looks yummy.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know!

Did you cook everything inside on the stove or did you bring along a griddle or grill?

All those meals look delicious - and why do they always seem to taste better when made at a campsite...?

Bob
    I have not used the inside stove yet. Everything was cooked outside on a CampChef 2 burner Explorer stove using either the burner, griddle option, or the grill box option. One day I'm going to buy the pizza oven option.

Everything does seem to taste better when camping or cooked outside.
    Charles and Susan