User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale B View Post
    Depressing thread my 2022 310 GK is about 1 month away from landing @ the dealership. I really want to follow this thru & take delivery, I also am very comfortable leaving the bank account alone LOL.

I have a 2010 Jayco Eagle that I need to sell, the inflated used market was a factor in the buying decision. Starting this buying process over a year ago now, I've seen first hand the crazy price increases.

Hanging on to the used Jayco another year or two is probably not a wise choice either.

Things that me go hmmmmmm
    The good news is if you plan on financing because the rates are still relatively low but will increase, possibly significantly, as the year progresses.

Good time for people with variable rate loans to refinance (and consolidate) to a fixed loan before rates skyrocket.
    Last edited by Corky2; 02-11-2022 at 04:34 AM.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m kind of interested to understand why the price of RV’s has jumped roughly 30% across the entire RV industry. There are really only two major RV manufacturers now, Thor Industries and Winnebago . Did those two collude to raise prices by this amount? Or is there a logical market driven reason they both had to raise prices across the board. Inflation for all of 2021 was 7%. I can understand RV’s getting 5% to 8% more expensive. But 30% smells of gouging. I’m beginning to think that the manufacturers know there’s a slow down happening or about to happen and are getting as much as they can in pure profit margin before the party ends as Covid becomes endemic instead of a pandemic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    . Wanted 5k down and 8mo delivery on a new Aitstream.
    That's a stretch for the Airstream.....I've heard through my contacts that they are out to 18 months.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    I’m kind of interested to understand why the price of RV’s has jumped roughly 30% across the entire RV industry. There are really only two major RV manufacturers now, Thor Industries and Winnebago . Did those two collude to raise prices by this amount? Or is there a logical market driven reason they both had to raise prices across the board. Inflation for all of 2021 was 7%. I can understand RV’s getting 5% to 8% more expensive. But 30% smells of gouging. I’m beginning to think that the manufacturers know there’s a slow down happening or about to happen and are getting as much as they can in pure profit margin before the party ends as Covid becomes endemic instead of a pandemic.
    Let's not forget the 2nd largest company....Forest River.

Most of it is because of supply chain issues and production overseas. Think about all the the parts and pieces that are made in China, etc.

From radios, microwaves, refers, air conditioners, etc down to the actual tires that a lot are using. A freight container used to cost $3000 to get it from China to the US. That same container is now $15,000.

Supply and demand at it's finest.......demand tripled, while supply declined.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition, people equate "record profits" to the price increases. Sure that's a piece of it, but they also forget to mention, record sales. When you're having to build trailers as fast as you can build it, you're going to run out of stock pieces, and as @huntr70 mentioned, you're going to run in to a supply chain issue.

I ordered a garage door in JULY, first it took forever to get built, now we're trying to get someone to deliver it. So you can't equate the price increases directly to record profits. Profits are up because more goods were sold.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    In addition, people equate "record profits" to the price increases. Sure that's a piece of it, but they also forget to mention, record sales.
    And isn't profit the point of being in business? Its supply and demand at its finest. Did anyone here who sold a truck or RV lately sell it for what it "should" be worth? Is it just the manufacturers who are taking advantage of the situation? Its not like they are artificially limiting a supply to drive up pricing (which I feel is happening in other areas), they're making them as fast as they can.

Not saying I like it, I sure wouldn't buy one today either. I feel we got extremely lucky and ordered our new one right before it went completely crazy. And I sure wasn't complaining on what I was able to sell my old one for! But in the end, its we the consumer who decides if we're willing to pay. Its a want not a need, and plenty still want and are still buying.

When (not if, it always does at some point) the economy tanks the pendulum will swing in the other direction and buyers will be in the drivers seat. And I completely agree we will see a large number of barely used almost new units on the market at some point. Its the reason we jumped in last spring. I didn't want to be caught in the flood of used units.

We'll see, who really knows. But I don't hold it against anyone for getting while the getting is good. Cause sooner or later they'll need scratching and clawing just to stay alive.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't disagree with what you said. In fact, I think we're saying the same thing. You just see so many comments about the the price increases and their "record profits". Hypothetically, if there weren't any price increases they'd still have "record profits" due to the number of sales alone.

Prices are going up because supply is going up, everywhere, just not this industry. Look how much more it is to build a house right now. Are they tacking on a little extra with the supply increases. Most likely. And my point (and yours) is...So? Like you said, get it while the getting is good.

This economy is LOOOOOOONG in the tooth. I'm honestly shocked it's gone on for as long as it has. The inflation and interest rates are heading us strait to a recession. Then we'll see what shakes out in the end.

2020 Momentum 351M

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    I don't disagree with what you said. In fact, I think we're saying the same thing. You just see so many comments about the the price increases and their "record profits". Hypothetically, if there weren't any price increases they'd still have "record profits" due to the number of sales alone.

Prices are going up because supply is going up, everywhere, just not this industry. Look how much more it is to build a house right now. Are they tacking on a little extra with the supply increases. Most likely. And my point (and yours) is...So? Like you said, get it while the getting is good.

This economy is LOOOOOOONG in the tooth. I'm honestly shocked it's gone on for as long as it has. The inflation and interest rates are heading us strait to a recession. Then we'll see what shakes out in the end.
    I hope it didn't sound like I was disagreeing, just the opposite. Just adding to your point.

That light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of the train we're about to run smack into. I own a small business and am not looking forward to the next few years.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I hope it didn't sound like I was disagreeing, just the opposite. Just adding to your point.

That light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of the train we're about to run smack into. I own a small business and am not looking forward to the next few years.
    For the most part I thought you did, but just wanted to clarify my point as well.

2020 Momentum 351M

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast