User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ram or Ford

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ram or Ford

So, I have a 2020 F450 king ranch that I want to sell/trade for a single rear wheel F350 or SRW ram 3500 because I traded down from a fifth wheel to a travel trailer and no longer need a dually.

I have searched within about a 200 mile radius and cannot find a ram 3500 to test drive. It’s looking like I would have to make a leap of blind faith that I would be happy with a 3500 SRW by putting down a $2000 nonrefundable deposit and ordering one and waiting 4-6+ months.

My prior truck before the 450 was a 350 SRW and I was happy with it, but I’m looking at ram because of the better interior and just something different.

Any 3500 current/previous owners out there with the Ford experience that could give me some input?

Thanks
    Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjlebsa View Post
    So, I have a 2020 F450 king ranch that I want to sell/trade for a single rear wheel F350 or SRW ram 3500 because I traded down from a fifth wheel to a travel trailer and no longer need a dually.

I have searched within about a 200 mile radius and cannot find a ram 3500 to test drive. It’s looking like I would have to make a leap of blind faith that I would be happy with a 3500 SRW by putting down a $2000 nonrefundable deposit and ordering one and waiting 4-6+ months.

My prior truck before the 450 was a 350 SRW and I was happy with it, but I’m looking at ram because of the better interior and just something different.

Any 3500 current/previous owners out there with the Ford experience that could give me some input?

Thanks
    A year ago I couldn't find a Ram 3500 to test drive. I did test drive a Ram 2500 and took the leap of faith and ordered a Ram 3500 HO SRW no airbags couldn't' tell the difference in ride quality from the 2500 to the 3500.... But then the roads in Florida are better than up north....
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call Dennis Dillon in Caldwell, they gave me the best price…even better than Dave smith in Kellogg.
    I refer many people to them, great family owned dealership.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a ford guy. Having said that, all 3 make very nice heavy duty trucks. If I were interested in a diesel I'd strongly consider a dodge. They've really upped their interior game and their diesels don't use the issue plagued CP-4 fuel pumps any more.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    I'm a ford guy. Having said that, all 3 make very nice heavy duty trucks. If I were interested in a diesel I'd strongly consider a dodge. They've really upped their interior game and their diesels don't use the issue plagued CP-4 fuel pumps any more.
    It looks like ram has gone back to the cp3 fuel pump. I would wonder why they quit using it in the first place. There was no problem with the cp3 fuel pump that I know of. GM has also gotten away from the cp4 fuel pump. They are now using a Denso L5P fuel pump. The reports I have read has been good reports. Ford is still using the CP4 fuel pump but they have done something to help with the lubrication for the pump. From what I have read, that was a problem with the CP4 fuel pump was not enough lubrication.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sorry but don’t have the ford experience to compare but I do currently own a 2021 Ram 3500 SRW 4x4 crew cab long bed Hemi, I tow a reflection 337 rls and the truck has been everything I expected it to be. I went with the tradesman level but with a slightly upgraded interior , cloth seats carpet and the upgraded stereo. I also got 4:10 gears to help with the towing. I average about 10mpg towing and about 14 when daily driving. Don’t know if any of this helps but it has been a positive purchase for me. Good luck on your search.
    US Air Force Retired
    Mike and Jean Mcloud Oklahoma
    2021 Ram Tradesman 3500 CCLB 4x4 Srw 6.4HEMI
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not brand specific, only what truck is comfortable, and gets the job done I want it to do. In all my research, in the the 3500 SRW, the RAM has the best payload of the three, this is due to the RAM having the higher GVWR.

The RAM diesels for '19 and '20 do have the CP4 in them, but there is a recall on all of them, and they are supposed to start changing them next month(ish) with a CP3.3.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 RAM 3500. I have friends and family with all the big three, so I am pretty familiar with the differences. I went with the RAM because of the interior and the Cummins and the payload compared to the others. It pulls like crazy and the exhaust brake is exceptional, which was important to me because I routinely pull on long steep grades in Montana and Wyoming.

I prefer the RAM interior and I think it's the best of the three. The Ford is very close... I do like Ford rear seat area a little better and it has the flat floor. I prefer the dash of the RAM and the center console, but again, the Ford is nice. I think both are very solid options.

I too wanted to try something different this time and I came from a GMC. So far I'm thrilled with the truck. Eager to see how it handles the 349.
    2018 Momentum 349M

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Gmc 3500 crew cab Denali long bed diesel. We just ordered a new one. We feel the Denal has the best ride. Many people that have rode in it have commented that it has a better ride than most cars. That's unloaded. The Duramax, Allison combination has been around a lot of years and is tried and true. We have had our 2015 for a long time and have had no problems with it. Another reason for ordering another one.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the inputs. I placed an order today for a 2022 Ram 3500 STR Laramie. Can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast