Thread: Fuel/Gas Prices

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    I appreciate the positivity of this thread
    Bob A.
    The Positivity of this thread is that it seems like there are still plenty of folks healthy enough and willing to travel/enjoy life.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobter3 View Post
    Anyone having 2nd thoughts on travel plans this season due to the ridiculous prices of fuel/gas? 'Vert der Ferk?!?!?
    I think that was the Chef??? My favorite was Beaker..
    As far as your question about second thoughts,. No. For now there are several trips planned and we should be travelling as normal (barring any other issues). It would not hurt my feelings if the campgrounds/parks were less crowded either.
    Diesel was $4.69 on the sign today.

Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5k mile trip, figure 8mpg so 625 gallons. Fuel goes up $2 that is $1,250. Now we are using our Class B for big trips (momentum sits on our permanent lot in FL) because taking the 45ft momentum out has gotten to be a PIA with finding big rig sites with all the planning involved with these trips we just don't enjoy it as much. You simply can't just wing it unless you are in places that have no demand for sites as most of these places are booked 6 months plus out. We get 12-14mpg in the B so 416 gallons @ $2 increase is $833.

I don't like paying more for stuff but we will still go at those prices. We aren't eating out nearly as much as we used to after COVID and with restaurant costs being higher and with more and more eateries warming up food in a bag we just don't see the value of doing so.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    Well on the bright side...no more crowded camp grounds, lol
    Other things that could be good about the fuel costs going up: Eliminating some of the demand side of the supply issues; Being able to get some dealer PM or Morryde upgrades done!
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barr0208 View Post
    canadian but it goes up if you headed west bc is $1.929 a liter or $7.30 a us gallon in canadian dollars diesel is more . that would be about $5.90 us dollars a gallon for gas .
    BC just hit $2.09 CAD per liter. [emoji1784] I don't know if it will have an impact on the current RV owners but it might discourage future new RV and truck owners. We have no plans to alter our traveling habits. So far.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Will Not Be Dictated To
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deja Vu

What goes around comes around. I seem to remember this very scenario from 2008. Back then diesel was 4.70 a gallon in places. It did slow some people using there RV's as much then and I dare say it will slow some from using their RV as much now. Back then I had a long bed CC F250 with a 6.0L (more fool me), and I got ~ 17 MPG running errands and ~10 MPG towing. Today diesel costs 4.10 a gallon and I have a 6.7L CC LB DRW F350 and I get ~ 17 MPG running errands and ~10 MPG towing. In between everyone seems to have purchased an RV of some kind (good advertising?). It seems to be a familiar thing, supply and demand etc.. There is nothing I can do about it but pay the price as I did 14 years ago, oh and bitch and moan about it when I fill up a 48 gallon tank which today costs about $195
    I left the Forum due to dictatorial administration

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having my lead foot replaced with an aluminum version in the hope that helps. I averaged around 9 MPG on my first tow of the rig last weekend and kept the speeds under 65 the whole way.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem this time around is that oil prices are not going to go down. This will slow consumer spending (70% of the economy), and artificially engender a deep recession.
    The price of EVERYTHING is going up, and it will not stop until demand destruction runs it course.

The silver lining is that RV prices will come down over the next 24-36 months, as more and more people shed their toys, and concentrate on meeting their mortgage, or rent.

And pay for food.

Inflation kills an economy.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 6.7 Diesel Platinum SRW 4X4
    Curt Q20 Slider

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife spent several hours planning a 2 month road trip this summer. She changed a few CG to longer stays. A few CG were no or partial refunds. So its another bump in the road, I guess.

The last fuel cost spike 15 yrs ago (?) .. I commuted to work in Metro Phoenix AZ area. There was a noticeable drop of traffic congestion purty quicky. Altho I am now retired, the traffic congestion has not changed yet.
    2021 Solitude S Class 3540GK
    F-350 DRW Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The missus and I have been putting off a trip to the desert southwest for 2 years because of Covid. We are committed this spring with numerous reservations. From Virginia to Death Valley and meandering back seeing the sights in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico before heading home, we figure we will have ~6000 miles towing at ~11 mpg, ~1500 miles of non-towing at ~20 mpg. I was originally figuring $5.00 for diesel fuel but that is now out the window. The total cost for fuel will probably be over $3000. The cost doesn’t scare me as bad as possible fuel or DEF shortages while we are traveling, but we still plan on getting er done.
    Last edited by MtnGuy; 03-07-2022 at 06:05 PM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast