User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firedreamer2 View Post
    . I'm wondering if that would be the same power as the 50 amp pedestals in RV parks and safe to use. I seam to recall its "Not"
    Thanks
    Receptacle will be different. Don't try to use.
    As said earlier, plug into a regular 15A receptacle and use appliances accordingly.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Can you please show me the UL listing on it?
    Of course the UL listing won't be available for this item.

Can you do what the OP is asking though, yeah of course as I said in my first post, should you, probably not, also said on my first post.

However it depends on what was pulled and the distance of that circuit and how many amps you are going to pull for how long.

I love these conversation, OP has probably been camping at their buddy's already and back by this time now hahaha
    The only thing that works on a RV is the owner...
    Jared - 315RLTS - 2500HD

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jungleb0y View Post
    Here's one of them things on amazon that will get ya killed, better use with caution!!
    Attachment 39406
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09P1BP4ZQ...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

That adaptor is designed for EV chargers, not RVs. Most 240v EV chargers don’t require a neutral. You must be careful when purchasing adaptors. The description is VERY deceptive stating for EV and RV. If you read the questions they state the 14-50 has an OPEN NEUTRAL. You will fry your RV appliances with the adaptor.

As an alternative, the same company makes a 14-30 to 14-50 adaptor that has all 4 wires connected. It can be plugged into a properly wired 4-wire dryer outlet and provide 2 separate 30 amp legs to a 50 amp RV. Most homes built since around 2000 have 4-wire rather than older 3-wire dryer outlets.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08XNX8KQ6/

This would give you twice the available power than using a 30a RV dogbone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 07C14A01-D6C0-40E7-9CC0-FA1506816F6E.jpg  
    Last edited by Jerryr; 03-14-2022 at 08:14 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is NO good/safe shortcut around wiring a receptacle correctly. NEMA standards for plugs and receptacle are there for a reason. If you choose to ignore the proper equipment and bypass something that has been proven to be safe if used properly, it's on you. And in my opinion, suggestions for workarounds that violate safety standards and methods is totally irresponsible and should not be published or suggested. YMMV, but that is my opinion after working over 40 years as a Journeyman Electrician.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    There is NO good/safe shortcut around wiring a receptacle correctly..
    Sparkys need to calm down a bit , OP says the outlet is already wired correctly.
    Jared - 315RLTS - 2500HD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is NO good/safe shortcut around wiring a receptacle correctly. NEMA standards for plugs and receptacle are there for a reason. If you choose to ignore the proper equipment and bypass something that has been proven to be safe if used properly, it's on you. And in my opinion, suggestions for workarounds that violate safety standards and methods is totally irresponsible and should not be published or suggested. YMMV, but that is my opinion after working over 40 years as a Journeyman Electrician.
    Exactly. There are adapters from dang near every NEMA config to any other NEMA config. As long as someone has a 240VAC 4-wire recpet, use it, but i'd verify the wiring before attaching my RV.

If you are an RV owner, and have never plugged to a particular recept before, use a DMM and make sure each leg is 120 VAC to neutral, each leg is 120 VAC to ground, and 0 VAC from neutral to gnd. Then check leg to leg and you should get 240 VAC. Now you have verified the plug config is wired properly to a double pole breaker and each leg is on a different 'phase' and the EGC (equipment ground conductor) is properly attached at the panel. Adapt it at will to 30A NEMA config or whatever.

Sparkys need to calm down a bit , OP says the outlet is already wired correctly.
    It's very hard for sparkys to read some the flustered clukery that goes on when non-electrical folks start talking about wiring. When giving electrical advice online, you have to be dang certain and crystal clear or someone will burn their mobile house down.
    Last edited by 4x4dually; 03-14-2022 at 10:55 AM.
    2021 Reflection 367BHS
    2009 Dodge 3500 4x4 Longbed MegaCab
    Electrical Engineer/Musician/Rancher
    Habbitial facebook jail inmate and soon to be banned from here

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really???? The OP has not posted/replied even one time since the original post he made to start this thread! You wanna tell me how the outlet is wired correctly?
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really???? The OP has not posted/replied even one time since the original post he made to start this thread! You wanna tell me how the outlet is wired correctly?
    Whos to say it's not, I said to verify it.
    Jared - 315RLTS - 2500HD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The OP has not posted/replied even one time since the original post he made to start this thread!
    Makes ya wonder if he tried my recommendation don't it?
    Jared - 315RLTS - 2500HD

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes ya wonder if he tried my recommendation don't it?
    It does kinda....

Reminds me of a call I had one day. A mechanic wanted some cabling in the shop removed. I was busy getting some motors in the plant running and told him to wait. I would be there in about an hour.
    I got there a while later and saw some cable cutters on the floor. The cutting edge was burned. The cable that was cut hanging from the wall....still live..I tested it...it was #8 teck. Why it was live in the first place I still don't know.
    The mechanic was sitting in a chair 15 feet away. He said he would never touch cable cutters again.....the arcing scared the crap out of him...

Moral of the story...don't screw with electricity unless you know what you are doing....it can kill you.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast