User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Furrion tankless leaking behind unit-Dewinterized- any ideas ?

My 2022 31MB was flawless for the few months we used it before it got stored away.
    The plumbing, and Tankless were blown out with air, then filled with antifreeze before winter.
    Upon dewinterizing today, I see I have a leak behind the Furrion Tankless water heater. It seems to come out the 2 tiny factory drilled holes in the vertical pipe going up to a round ball, expansion chamber ?
    Any suggestions how to fix this ?
    Thank you,
    Bill
    2020 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel, 6'7" bed, factory air bagged, Pullrite 20k slider Hitch in Ram pucks.
    2022 Grand Design 31MB fifth wheel

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill,

Since the tankless/on-demand water heaters are fairly new - and limited to certain model lines - many of us on the forum don't have any experience with them. Perhaps @huntr70 can tell you something or someone will come along who knows about these water heaters. Good luck.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately there are very few replacement parts available. This unit is considered something to be replaced as a complete unit.
    The below parts diagram may be of some assistance. Best option would press for replacement under warranty

Parts Diagram
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was kind of thinking the same thing, seeing that the 5th wheel is only 7 months old. Thank you
    2020 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel, 6'7" bed, factory air bagged, Pullrite 20k slider Hitch in Ram pucks.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we've been finding that they do not stand up to winter very well, even when winterized.

We currently have 3 units with Furrion tankless water heaters in to be replaced with split copper lines.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I am going to make an appointment tomorrow with General RV where I bought it to get it worked on, which I am dreading.
    This water heater was blown out with compressed air, and then filled with RV antifreeze, and it still broke..... very disappointing.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you "winterized" and pumped in the antifreeze did you have the levers set on the Nautilus panel to match the Winterize pictute? I ask because I think there's an error in the picture - at least on my 2022 260RD.

The Nautilus winterize settings as pictured on the label bypass the water heater - as it probably should if you have the "old" style water heater.

But the Furrion tankless needs antifreeze to protect it. In my case, I used the Nautilus winterize settings except for the red lever (hot water heater.) That lever I turned vertical to allow the antifreeze to pump onto the water heater. I confirmed success by opening the filter and drain plugs on the water heater and got antifreeze running out.

If this is correct, and the Nautilus panel is depicting the wrong settings for those with the Furrion tankless, that's a shame. I think owners think they are winterizing per the Nautilus picture, when in fact they aren't getting any protection (antifreeze) into the water heater. So the pipes are bursting.

I can't take credit for this. I noted a discrepancy between the Furrion owners manual and the GD instructions and then sought advice on another forum.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mmullin; 04-11-2022 at 10:36 PM.
    Mike and Rebecca Mullin, Bend OR
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2001 Chev 2500 HD, 8.1-liter gas, 4x4

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmullin View Post
    When you "winterized" and pumped in the antifreeze did you have the levers set on the Nautilus panel to match the Winterize pictute? I ask because I think there's an error in the picture - at least on my 2022 260RD.

The Nautilus winterize settings as pictured on the label bypass the water heater - as it probably should if you have the "old" style water heater.

But the Furrion tankless needs antifreeze to protect it. In my case, I used the Nautilus winterize settings except for the red lever (hot water heater.) That lever I turned vertical to allow the antifreeze to pump onto the water heater. I confirmed success by opening the filter and drain plugs on the water heater and got antifreeze running out.

If this is correct, and the Nautilus panel is depicting the wrong settings for those with the Furrion tankless, that's a shame. I think owners think they are winterizing per the Nautilus picture, when in fact they aren't getting any protection (antifreeze) into the water heater. So the pipes are bursting.

I can't take credit for this. I noted a discrepancy between the Furrion owners manual and the GD instructions and then sought advice on another forum.

This is what we are finding also.

If you follow the actual directions, you bypass the water heater and may never have drained it.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @huntr70 thanks for confirming my "fix" because honestly I didn't know for sure. Other than I got antifreeze coming out the Furrion drain so I figured that was a good thing.

Mike and Rebecca Mullin, Bend OR
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2001 Chev 2500 HD, 8.1-liter gas, 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    This is what we are finding also.

If you follow the actual directions, you bypass the water heater and may never have drained it.
    When we got our 295RL in the fall, our dealer also told us not to follow the diagram when equipped with the tankless and instead gave us a revised diagram to follow for the Furrion tankless.
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast