Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More annoying questions

Well, we pulled home our brand new 231rk. I have never towed something that big and it was a great day to tow it. We had gusting winds and the dealer failed to empty the fresh water tank. I knew it right away because we would stop and it was like we were out on the lake. But enough of that.

The 231rk has the black and one of the grey water tanks forward of the axles while the second grey is near the back. That being said, most full hookups are near the back of the RV. So I assume I may need one to two hoses. What are you people in the community using? I would like to be able to stuff them in the bumper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    Well, we pulled home our brand new 231rk. I have never towed something that big and it was a great day to tow it. We had gusting winds and the dealer failed to empty the fresh water tank. I knew it right away because we would stop and it was like we were out on the lake. But enough of that.

The 231rk has the black and one of the grey water tanks forward of the axles while the second grey is near the back. That being said, most full hookups are near the back of the RV. So I assume I may need one to two hoses. What are you people in the community using? I would like to be able to stuff them in the bumper.
    Yup, think I got two 10-foot stinky slinky. While you're at it, get another 25-foot power cord (just in case) and about 100 feet total of water hose (just in case).

Safe and happy travels.
    2012 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z71 6.2l aka "Luci"
    2020 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22 MLE aka "Desi"

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We only have one waste water outlet, so I'll let folks with Imagines address that part (except to say that we find that more than half of full-hookup sites have the utilities toward the middle of the site front-to-back).

As for tanks, it's best to travel with waste tanks empty. If your fresh tank is over the axle(s) (as many are), a full fresh tank can be a good thing on very windy days. On sailboats, we call it "ballast." Less than full and you can get the sloshing effect that you felt with the gray tank.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief T View Post
    Yup, think I got two 10-foot stinky slinky. While you're at it, get another 25-foot power cord (just in case) and about 100 feet total of water hose (just in case).

Safe and happy travels.
    And what are the good "stinky slinkies" out there? I have no clue. There are some really fancy ones.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been impressed with the Camco RhinoFlex I like the caps that go on each end to keep the leftovers in the hose. Have been using them full time for several months and they are holding up nicely.
    2022 Reflection 340rds
    Full time, 9/2021

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riveyman View Post
    I've been impressed with the Camco RhinoFlex I like the caps that go on each end to keep the leftovers in the hose. Have been using them full time for several months and they are holding up nicely.
    Thanks on that. I was thinking for getting them but tons of reviews where it says it doesn't fit in bumper. But they are older reviews and I assume they updated. Also was thinking since my black water tank forward of the axles I may have to go 30 ft.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks on that. I was thinking for getting them but tons of reviews where it says it doesn't fit in bumper. But they are older reviews and I assume they updated. Also was thinking since my black water tank forward of the axles I may have to go 30 ft.
    With the 90 degree elbow on the end, they won't fit in a bumper or a round tube holder. I put the end caps on ours and keep them in a large plastic bin with a lid in the basement. I use the external tube holders for my Rhino-Flex extensions. Again, most sites have their connections hear or just behind the middle of the site.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the info. I have ordered the hoses. If I don't use both I can always use one as a didgeridoo.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the info. I have ordered the hoses. If I don't use both I can always use one as a didgeridoo.
    They do age/wear out with time and use (about two years for us as full-timers) - you will have a need for the second one down the road if not now. If you do decide to use one as a didgeridoo, do it before it is used as a stinky slinky.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    They do age/wear out with time and use (about two years for us as full-timers) - you will have a need for the second one down the road if not now. If you do decide to use one as a didgeridoo, do it before it is used as a stinky slinky.

Rob
    Then it will sound like it smells.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie