User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has begun.....

The RV industry slowdown has begun.

Grand Design is down to 4 days a week production and taking 2 weeks in July for "retooling".

Also, if you know anyone looking for a Transcend, they are offering a direct $750 rebate off any that are delivered from now through August 1st.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Transcend Rebate Graphic-4.jpg  
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news for those looking to buy in the future.

What exactly is retooling in relation to production of RVs?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Great news for those looking to buy in the future.

What exactly is retooling in relation to production of RVs?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    They work at updating jigs, fixing tools, revamp the production lines. Anything that needs to be updated or fixed in the plants.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    They work at updating jigs, fixing tools, revamp the production lines. Anything that needs to be updated or fixed in the plants.
    Sounds like a very busy time for the maint. folks at the plant. I've been there, done that during my career as an Electrician working in a couple of different industries....the hours are long and the money was good.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the whole industry has slowed down significantly including the used RV markets. I'm sure its related to our current and projected economic conditions.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the update, Steve. No surprise given how the "pendulum swings" along with the deteriorating economic conditions/rising financing rates/fuel costs/etc. With my Business Economics education/financial services career, I along with many others have been watching this coming for sometime. Has happened before over the decades, just another unfortunate occurrence.

Carol and I were ready to buy a new or barely used GDRV a few months ago but know waiting is in our favor. In fact, we got an email from a local GDRV dealer advertising $40,000 off Solitudes a little over a a week ago. And after a couple conversations she called back to share that GDRV was now offering another $10K off as a a factory discount as well. Hmm.....not sure what the real story is but none-the-less not a surprise.

I have been watching prices falling on both new and used for some time and many units not selling. We'll keep an eye on things as they most likely accelerate.

Business leaders are openly talking staffing reductions, rising and too much inventory, and more challenges. Much of this will fall into buyers of products favor (lowering prices) as the economic "hurricane" as Jamie Dimon says is coming. Much debate on the level of the storm but not much on the fact that it is out there.

Now, with all this said, all of this presents opportunities to reap rewards as it has over the decades. Effective due diligence is important to better outcomes. Stay tuned.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea.... who could have figured?
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the shortage of trucks is also a factor. Dealer keeps wanting my truck if I buy 'something on the lot' which of course means anything but a truck.

Every private (and KOA) that we've stopped at on this trip has had a lot of permanent residents - some with late model units.
    @Canyonlight, was that Pleasure Land offering $40K off? They had stock when we paid them a visit.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I think the shortage of trucks is also a factor. Dealer keeps wanting my truck if I buy 'something on the lot' which of course means anything but a truck.

Every private (and KOA) that we've stopped at on this trip has had a lot of permanent residents - some with late model units.
    @Canyonlight, was that Pleasure Land offering $40K off? They had stock when we paid them a visit.
    People living in RV's as a last resort (short of living in auto's) will probably increase going forward. Rent is now becoming unaffordable for many.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    John, no, it was not. It was a central IA dealer. If you want the email, I will PM the txt to you. Pleasureland is posting discounts for Momentums on their website (not seen for a few years) but not Solitudes. And yes, 2023s are around the corner so part of this is the "normal" early/mid year time to move inventory which has not been there the last few years......exacerbated by the worsening economic conditions and outlook.

Hope your trip to the east coast is going well. Too bad Carol and I did not get an opportunity to meet you and Robin a couple weeks ago but maybe the Hills this late summer/early fall.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast