User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion 12 volt fridge

I have a 2022 2800 BH TT. We are preparing for a trip, first one in this TT, and have some concerns about the refrigerator.

Prior to putting food into it, I was achieving temperatures in the refrigerator of 32° to 34° and in the freezer I was achieving temperatures in the negatives….on max setting.

Last night, my wife loaded food, about a quarter full in the refrigerator and freezer, so still plenty of room in there, but now we cannot get below 39° in the fridge and 15 or 20 in the freezer.

Today, I noticed the latch wasn’t catching and after looking into it more I took the door off & added two washers to raise it up and now it’s latching & seems to be sealing better. However, we still cannot get below 39°. We seem to be hovering between 39 and 42° in the fridge and still around 15° to 20° in the freezer.

The inside temperature of the TT today has been between 65 and 75. Windows are open but no AC on.

Does anyone that has this refrigerator think there’s an issue or is this just as good as it gets?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the 12v fridge unfortunately but if its anything like ours, it takes a little while to cool down. Have you tried the dollar test to be sure that you have a proper seal all around?

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have a Furrion 12-volt refrigerator. I'm not sure if ours is the same model as yours. Ours has three modes, we have only used the power saver mode so far since we were camping off-grid. We didn't have any issues keeping temperatures at the rated levels.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjlebsa View Post
    I have a 2022 2800 BH TT. We are preparing for a trip, first one in this TT, and have some concerns about the refrigerator.

Prior to putting food into it, I was achieving temperatures in the refrigerator of 32° to 34° and in the freezer I was achieving temperatures in the negatives….on max setting.

Last night, my wife loaded food, about a quarter full in the refrigerator and freezer, so still plenty of room in there, but now we cannot get below 39° in the fridge and 15 or 20 in the freezer.

Today, I noticed the latch wasn’t catching and after looking into it more I took the door off & added two washers to raise it up and now it’s latching & seems to be sealing better. However, we still cannot get below 39°. We seem to be hovering between 39 and 42° in the fridge and still around 15° to 20° in the freezer.

The inside temperature of the TT today has been between 65 and 75. Windows are open but no AC on.

Does anyone that has this refrigerator think there’s an issue or is this just as good as it gets?

Thanks

Are you still having temp issues?

I'm just spit-ballin here.

Not to be Captain obvious, but is your Thermometer calibrated properly?

Did you place it in the center of the fridge?

The food you placed in there was warm, so it would affect the temp until the food cooled down.

Under 40 is an alright temp for the fridge, but you should be able to get it cooler, the freezer on the otherhand...

It does seem to have a problem. Have you called Furrion or GD?

Let us know what's up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoTheGuide View Post
    Are you still having temp issues?

I'm just spit-ballin here.

Not to be Captain obvious, but is your Thermometer calibrated properly?

Did you place it in the center of the fridge?

The food you placed in there was warm, so it would affect the temp until the food cooled down.

Under 40 is an alright temp for the fridge, but you should be able to get it cooler, the freezer on the otherhand...

It does seem to have a problem. Have you called Furrion or GD?

Let us know what's up.
    No temp issues. I mistakenly placed the thermometer too close to the door which is obviously the warmest area of a refrigerator.

I moved it towards the back, which the manual states is the coldest part of the refrigerator, and I have actually been freezing food because it’s been on the max setting. Fridge 25°, and the freezer has been achieving into the negatives or single digits.

Returning home from a camping trip now, so we will defrost it and on our next trip we’ll change the setting.

2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjlebsa View Post

Thanks

One thing I noticed on my fridge is that behind the latch strike, there were two black washers/spacers between the strike and the fridge body. I removed those and now I get a much tighter seal when the latch is engaged. My fridge door used to have some slop in it. I do think I still have an issue with sealing, but that fix seems to have cut way down on condensation I was getting.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwskier View Post
    One thing I noticed on my fridge is that behind the latch strike, there were two black washers/spacers between the strike and the fridge body. I removed those and now I get a much tighter seal when the latch is engaged. My fridge door used to have some slop in it. I do think I still have an issue with sealing, but that fix seems to have cut way down on condensation I was getting.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I noticed my latch is wonky, so I’ll look at that

2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the dollar test

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dollar test consists of inserting a piece of paper, as in a dollar bill, between the door gasket and the refrigerator at several points, close the door, and pull the paper out. You need to feel some resistance when doing so. That shows that there is compression of the gasket.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S