User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couch Upgrade 2020 Solitude 310GK-R - Recommendations?

DW wants to replace the living room couch/sleeper (Thomas Payne) that came with our Solitude. We've already donated it to the RV Park here in Florida.
    The Thomas Payne was just too hard to sit on, plus DW does not like "cold slick finishes" (her pillows will not stand up . Were looking for something much softer and fabric type. Max width can be 84 inches and max depth 34 inches. Any of you been down this road? What are you happy with?

One note: We are not going with a fold out sleeper couch, non sleeper fold out preferred.

Thank you in advance for your time and response. Benny
    Last edited by bhop56; 01-10-2021 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Forgot one detail.
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to your favorite furniture store and pick out something you like that will fit through the door and fit in the space. The first thing we did in both of our rigs was to remove that sleeper sofa and put in my two Ekornes Stressless recliners.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do alterations affect the re-sale value? I've seen some pretty wild Solitudes for sale including one with bright aqua kitchen cabinetry. Probably apropos for Florida, not necessarily a big hit in the northeast. As we decide between floor plans, there are some things I would change on both - but what is the hit on resale? I figure I have maybe 8-10 years before sale.
    Thanks,
    AJG

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Do alterations affect the re-sale value? I've seen some pretty wild Solitudes for sale including one with bright aqua kitchen cabinetry. Probably apropos for Florida, not necessarily a big hit in the northeast. As we decide between floor plans, there are some things I would change on both - but what is the hit on resale? I figure I have maybe 8-10 years before sale.
    Thanks,
    AJG
    No realtor ever advises a homeowner to paint rooms wild or unusual colors before listing a house for sale. They always advise neutral colors or earth tones. I would think the same goes for RVs. I certainly wouldn't consider the ones I've seen with all the crazy, over-the-top redecorating - especially if it were permanent things like paint and trim. Furniture, on the other hand, doesn't matter much from my point of view. Most RV furniture is ready for replacement if the RV is over 6 or 7 years old, anyway. In the Escapees group, rigs often go up for sale as folks "age out." Many of them do not have the original furniture but, if they're nicely kept, they sell.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Thanks,
    AJG
    Thanks for responding. Re-sale is a consideration but down the ladder as a priority for us. Our intention is to go with "current RV matching decor" not loud pink flamingos, green parrots, jungle grass, palm trees etc. Our RV back wall color theme now is light brown with the wood-work a dark brown. DW likes a "light color cream for cushions". We've found many options except the width of 84" max and depth of 34-35 inches is the challenge. I like the idea of the metal frame/wicker wrap option. Very lite in weight and you can actually take it apart to get it into the RV door. As Rob (Second Chance) mentioned, furniture is a known "swap out item" so the overall RV is the bigger picture for a buyer. Rob suggested a very nice chair DW and I looked at. We're leaning toward a "stretch out couch" right now however the chair idea is not ruled out 100%. The search continues.
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 301GK and it feels like the back two legs of the couch are the only place it's held down. Not sure if it's screwed in from the bottom or is there a way to unbolt from the top? We want to clean behind it and we have a side panel that needs to be re-attached.
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's secured it will likely be 2 screws, one at each rear foot.
    You have to open the bed to get to it.. Or couch hasn't been secured for the life of our trailer. The screws were not in the floor
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    If it's secured it will likely be 2 screws, one at each rear foot.
    You have to open the bed to get to it.. Or couch hasn't been secured for the life of our trailer. The screws were not in the floor
    When we took out our Fred Flintstone Thomas Payne couch, it was just held to the floor with a couple brackets/screws to the floor (back legs if I remember right). We replaced with a nice comfortable wicker couch. As WhittleBurner mentioned, our new couch is not screwed to floor and is not a problem. You just want to make sure when you bring the slide out in and out the couch is not in the way. Second Item: Loose panel: We had same issue with left panel (as you face the couch under the window). Small staples came loose. I took all staples out and replaced with some very small black sharp wood screws. No problems since.