User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armand_c View Post
    sorry for misunderstanding your question. The refrigerator runs on both propane and electric. I've only dry camped with this trailer a couple of times since we bought it back in June of 2020. The rest of the times we were at an RV park where we were able to plug in, so we didn't need to use the water pump. I couldn't remember if it was supposed to be left on continuously or not, so I left it on not realizing who much draw it would take on the battery. Was this my mistake? I am going to have the batteries checked in addition to rethinking about what i leave on while dry camping. Despite what the wife says, I am now also bringing my generators on every trip when we dry camp lol. Thanks for the heads up on the Lifepo4 batteries, I read some good things about them, but to be honest, I was extremely shocked at the price, but if they are that good then it would be a wise investment.
    Water pumps don't draw any current unless a faucet is open and the pump is running. I don't think that's your problem. You may be asking too much of lead-acid batteries and/or they've been run too low and won't accept a complete charge any more.

BTW, @armand_c - here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the water pump uses much energy unless pumping continuously. We leave ours on at night frequently and only hear a peep from it once in a while if at all. It's a convenience in case someone uses the restroom in the middle of the night.
    The fridge will not use much energy assuming it is running on propane.
    Still not sure if your solar is working as designed...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10.4 volts is a dead battery. you went to bed with it dead so you woke up with it dead.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If that ever happen again, just get the truck close enough to plug in. The truck can power what you need to get hooked up. Also check that your battery disconnect switch is in the on position (key can not be removed) In some cases the solar is not wired directly to the battery but to the 12V side of the distribution panel as mine was. if the switch is off the batterys will not get charged if wired that way.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are other things that draw power such as the propane detector that are still connected even when the battery disconnect is used. I’ve had a couple of batteries die now because of this.
    Paul

2022 295RL
    RAM 2500 6.7

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cpe111 View Post
    There are other things that draw power such as the propane detector that are still connected even when the battery disconnect is used. I’ve had a couple of batteries die now because of this.
    But if solar is working and there is light, those parasites should not kill the batteries...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    But if solar is working and there is light, those parasites should not kill the batteries...
    Dan
    It depends how the solar is wired in and if the solar power is even getting to the battery. The OP needs to trace and check wiring to be sure the solar power is actually getting to the battery
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Dan
    It depends how the solar is wired in and if the solar power is even getting to the battery.
    I agree, but the OP has not answered these questions as far as I can tell...after a few attempts on my part.
    Dan and Rita

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12