User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 2970rl furnace exhaust is loud!

We just bought a brand new Imagine 2970RL and the first night we used the furnace as it was quite cold out. The next day our neighbour said that our furnace exhaust sounded like a Harley Davidson revving. Is there any way to adjust the exhaust?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter99 View Post
    We just bought a brand new Imagine 2970RL and the first night we used the furnace as it was quite cold out. The next day our neighbour said that our furnace exhaust sounded like a Harley Davidson revving. Is there any way to adjust the exhaust?
    Hey @Dexter99, looks like you're new here, welcome to the forum. I'll bet you did need the furnace in Northern Ontario. When the furnace is going, how does it sound to you? It may have startled your neighbor if they weren't expecting it.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounded normal inside the trailer, but apparently pretty loud outside! I was just wondering if there is a way to adjust the baffles, or something to change the harmonics of the exhaust......

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you go outside to listen??

I can’t imagine it sounds like a Harley. Your “neighbour” is exaggerating quite a bit IMO

There is nothing there to make a “Harley” noise but maybe something is loose and possible rattling but unlikely
    Fire it up and stand outside and let us know

There are many free decibel apps for phones Perhaps measure it

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter99 View Post
    It sounded normal inside the trailer, but apparently pretty loud outside! I was just wondering if there is a way to adjust the baffles, or something to change the harmonics of the exhaust......
    It seems to be characteristic of some RV furnace models. It's not quite a Harley sound, but it can be very loud. I think it's just the way the combustion chamber and exhaust are designed.

Also - @Dexter99 - welcome to the forum! Here are a few tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My last RV was an 2015 airstream. The furnace was quite loud outside. More of a jet engine than a Harley. My 2021 GD is much quieter. No good explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    It seems to be characteristic of some RV furnace models. It's not quite a Harley sound, but it can be very loud. I think it's just the way the combustion chamber and exhaust are designed.

Also - @Dexter99 - welcome to the forum! Here are a few tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    Thank you!
    Dexter U
    Northern Ontario, Canada
    Retired Prison Guard
    2022 Imagine 2970RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your furnace is saying potato potato potato, that's a problem. Mine is kindof a low woooo (not like the Natureboy) rumbling sound, which seems to be what I hear from most other campers on cool mornings out walking the doggo.

Mine's a Dometic.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018, 2970 RL. I certainly wouldn't say our furnace sounds like a Harley. As stated above, if that's the case you've got bigger things to worry about. I don't think I would say the furnace is loud, but it does have a low rumble of sorts to it. Maybe in the closer confines of a campground it might seem a bit louder.
    We've never had our camper in a campground, it's just on our wooded lot up north, it's kind of our cabin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the original poster in that our 2023 2970RL has the loudest furnace I've ever owned, both inside and outside. So loud that I was startled when first using it even hearing it from outside the RV. It's not noise from the unit blower although that's not exactly a low level decibel. Given some "better than basic" knowledge of combustion equipment to me it sounds like a burner with excessive gas pressure.... more like a hard sounding propane torch sound. Quite a jet blast sound both inside and out.
    For now, I'll just use the fireplace and perhaps a hall heater as previously mentioned. Then, go where the weather suits the Tstat
    Last edited by Clayboy; 10-24-2022 at 05:19 PM.
    2023 Imagine 2970 RL
    Retired in Central, PA