User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    What is different between the RV and auto industry is the RV industry does a lot of in-model-year changes while the auto industry does fewer. And the RV changes can be newer standard options while the auto industry if they do an in-model-year change it is usually a cost reduction and not an advertised change. When a new car model is introduced, there are usually no changes for the first six months. After that, it becomes a feeding frenzy with the cost reduction engineers at the OEMs. For example with a RV, my 2021 Solitude has a July, 2020 production date. Later 2021 builds came with RV Airflow and Winegard 360 installed. Mine did not.
    Everything is different between the RV and auto industry actually
    My point was just to clarify that things stay the same over many model years
    Spent my career in auto sales

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brucedunning View Post
    I guess that is why buyers should look at the actual date a trailer is constructed and not just the year.
    Yep, a 2022 Grand Design could have been built in June of 2021 through May of 2022.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait till Oct+ to buy. RV sales are tanking right now. Between inflation, high fuel prices and the constant up charging for new RV's, buyers are starting to put the brakes on buying. I've seen the same units on lots for months now. I actually have had to call backs on the same TT in a 2 week period after I responded to a check email price on an Imagine 22RBE a month ago. RV's are just not flying off the lots like they were in 2020-2021.
    My guess is you'll get a much better deal by waiting till fall. Discounts off MSRP should be much bigger. I certainly wouldn't want to leaves $4-5K on the table by not waiting a few months.
    A local RV lot that sells Montana's has most all of their stock at 30% off MSRP. It's advertised on their website. The slow down has started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    What is different between the RV and auto industry is the RV industry does a lot of in-model-year changes while the auto industry does fewer. And the RV changes can be newer standard options while the auto industry if they do an in-model-year change it is usually a cost reduction and not an advertised change. When a new car model is introduced, there are usually no changes for the first six months. After that, it becomes a feeding frenzy with the cost reduction engineers at the OEMs. For example with a RV, my 2021 Solitude has a July, 2020 production date. Later 2021 builds came with RV Airflow and Winegard 360 installed. Mine did not.
    That's helpful. Thanks.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL
    2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Crewcab 4x4 with 6'4" box
    Haliburton, Ontario, Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12