User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    It needs to go on the main ground wire to the battery. There should be no other wire after the shunt. In other words, the next thing in line is the battery. If there is any other wire, it certainly could effect the actual flow of electrons counted.
    No I mean physically where the wire is entering the RV. Is it going up front? I am thinking it is because the battery shutoff is there.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could not help you with that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey OP you’re welcome to the plastic box I used for installing my shunt on the trailer frame. Now that I’ve done a full Multiplus II install, I don’t need it anymore. Just PM me your mailing address. This is what it looked like installed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0451.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	41380
    Jeff & Deborah - North Beach, MD
    2019 Grand Design 2970RL "Lucy", Hensley Arrow 14K, Goodyear Endurance Tires
    2019 Nissan Titan XD, 5.6 gas, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 bags

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnoyes View Post
    Hey OP you’re welcome to the plastic box I used for installing my shunt on the trailer frame. Now that I’ve done a full Multiplus II install, I don’t need it anymore. Just PM me your mailing address. This is what it looked like installed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0451.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	41380
    Thank you very much for the offer but I decided to get a two battery box and I will mount a waterproof junction in the battery box. I think that will cover it. That way when I upgrade to LiFePo4 I just swap out the old one. For now I have no desire to get a massive battery bank in this rig.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I just got one and wondering where best place to put it. I know it is not waterproof and I am not sure where on the inside would be best to put it. I think the wires go to the back of my TT.
    I think you are getting help with where and how to mount the shunt. I ended up mounting mine inside my passthrough. Ran a negative battery direct to the shunt and then to a distribution block that connected back to the original negative connection down on the frame. Kept it out of the underside of the trailer this way.

Also, I was pretty disappointed with the range of the Bluetooth signal, my experience was within feet or no connection. I ended up adding on Victron Bluetooth Dongle. It is much better as far a Bluetooth range and connectivity. I guess it would be a marketing problem if they bundled these two for a few dollars more.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quiglenj View Post
    I think you are getting help with where and how to mount the shunt. I ended up mounting mine inside my passthrough. Ran a negative battery direct to the shunt and then to a distribution block that connected back to the original negative connection down on the frame. Kept it out of the underside of the trailer this way.

Also, I was pretty disappointed with the range of the Bluetooth signal, my experience was within feet or no connection. I ended up adding on Victron Bluetooth Dongle. It is much better as far a Bluetooth range and connectivity. I guess it would be a marketing problem if they bundled these two for a few dollars more.
    I've been pretty disappointed with the bluetooth range of all my Victron products. Pretty weak considering the overall quality of their products.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    I've been pretty disappointed with the bluetooth range of all my Victron products. Pretty weak considering the overall quality of their products.
    Quite interesting as Victron is one of gold standard electronic companies for not only RV but for the marine industry. Many world cruisers in sailboats use Victron products where reliability is important as they may far off the beaten track.

I have Victron multiplex units on my sailboat and RV . With the Bluetooth dongle the connectivity is excellent.

What units are you suggesting ?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    N

Quite interesting as Victron is one of gold standard electronic companies for not only RV but for the marine industry. Many world cruisers in sailboats use Victron products where reliability is important as they may far off the beaten track.

I have Victron multiplex units on my sailboat and RV . With the Bluetooth dongle the connectivity is excellent.

What units are you suggesting ?
    We have the BMV-712 and the smart dongle. Neither seem work very well other than within about 15 feet.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
    We have the BMV-712 and the smart dongle. Neither seem work very well other than within about 15 feet.
    I have the BMV 712 also, and the BT range is excellent. I can be in my house and 75' away from the camper, and the shunt is inside the front compartment where the generator and hydraulics are and connect to it. My Daly smart BMS doesn't have as good a range though....I have to be either inside the trailer or within about 35-40 feet from it.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have the BMV -712 in two units
    Our bluetooth works well over 100!ft. Perhaps yours has something by interfering with its signal .

Which other companies unit would you recommend?
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast