Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My last trailer had a rear bed slide, so probably only 1 inch of wood beneath the mattress to the outside. So temp change would cause condensation. At least going to the larger volume of a Fiver really reduced the condensation inside. But for me, painted wood is easier to take care of.
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 226RK
    2022 F350 CC SB SRW 7.3

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the moisture just a problem with beds that are in a slide out, and cold weather?

I've had one 5th wheel with the bed in the slide out, and now one with the bed not in slide out. I never really noticed any issue with moisture under the mattress or either one. Is it dependent on real cold weather camping?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Is the moisture just a problem with beds that are in a slide out, and cold weather?

I've had one 5th wheel with the bed in the slide out, and now one with the bed not in slide out. I never really noticed any issue with moisture under the mattress or either one. Is it dependent on real cold weather camping?
    It depends on the trailer. Folks with in-line beds in the Transcends and Imagines have also reported issues with condensation and the beds. The front storage compartments are not as well insulated on some models.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thought was not only condensation. I thought about any type of moisture. Sweat was my concern because that gets in the mattress also. That is why we got the mat for under the mattress.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    It depends on the trailer. Folks with in-line beds in the Transcends and Imagines have also reported issues with condensation and the beds. The front storage compartments are not as well insulated on some models.

Rob
    So if the condensation occurred there would be noticeable, easy to detect wet areas under the mattress? I have never noticed that, but have noticed what seems like a mold/mildew smell in the storage area under the bed, but I've never found the carpet in that area damp.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if the condensation occurred there would be noticeable, easy to detect wet areas under the mattress? I have never noticed that, but have noticed what seems like a mold/mildew smell in the storage area under the bed, but I've never found the carpet in that area damp.
    I think this is why I asked for the opinions about painting/sealing. Condensation tends to not get in wood that is sealed. We also run a dehumidifier in the TT too. We don't have a fancy trailer yet.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12