User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    YES ours is part of the plan, but our MT home is fall back. We travel with about 1 months worth of SHTF dried food, guns and ammo but this is all to get us home if we are on the road.

We've been preppers since 2001 and friends thought we were wacky. Now they ask questions.....

Our supplies at home not including about 6 months of canned goods including huckleberry moonshine..

I have not gone the emergency food kits route yet. I'm planning to rely on my garden (w/preserving), chickens, fishing/hunting and I'm surrounded by lakes, rivers, farms including livestock. My neighbors already help each other and collecting stuff to barter with will be important if the need comes.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you plan to live off the land like our plan in supplement to supplies, be sure to have at least 50lbs of salt and 50 lbs of sugar on hand to preserve the meat.

We are surrounded by elk and deer, and Flathead lake has plenty of fish.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here, deer, elk, black bear, turkey, game birds, small game and lots of fish including some walleye.

We have deer on our property but the wife would shoot me if I touched them ... at least for now.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    USAF Veteran

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    If you plan to live off the land like our plan in supplement to supplies, be sure to have at least 50lbs of salt and 50 lbs of sugar on hand to preserve the meat.

We are surrounded by elk and deer, and Flathead lake has plenty of fish.
    off topic, but, flathead lake...love that area. Also curious, I noticed you have solar listed in your specs. What system are you using?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by how01e View Post
    off topic, but, flathead lake...love that area. Also curious, I noticed you have solar listed in your specs. What system are you using?
    Please no hijacking thread, start a new topic in the appropiate forum section. It helps keep things orderly and searchable. You also can read the solar section to learn much of what you're asking about
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Feb 2021 we lost power for 3 days because of a Texas winter storm. This was before we bought our TT. Now we have it set up so we can huddle in there for a few days on battery and propane.
    2019 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
    Pro Pride 3P #1400
    2024 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab Shortbed, 4110 payload.
    6.7 Diesel, Ult Lariat, 5th wheel prep, Block heater, iconic Silver.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks like two different types of emergencies. You have the people like me that think, "What if a storm is coming and I need to bug out for a week". Others are more of the fall of Government and every man (woman) for themselves.

I think the only missing piece from our emergency bug out plan is a Generator but reality is we would just cut back on what we use in the TT and we should be good off grid.

I am not bashing what people choose when it comes to be being prepared. Heck, I am a redneck and have done plenty of living off the land.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Please no hijacking thread, start a new topic in the appropiate forum section. It helps keep things orderly and searchable. You also can read the solar section to learn much of what you're asking about
    Sure, sorry to cause a problem.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    This looks like two different types of emergencies. You have the people like me that think, "What if a storm is coming and I need to bug out for a week". Others are more of the fall of Government and every man (woman) for themselves.

I think the only missing piece from our emergency bug out plan is a Generator but reality is we would just cut back on what we use in the TT and we should be good off grid.

I am not bashing what people choose when it comes to be being prepared. Heck, I am a redneck and have done plenty of living off the land.
    I look at emergency use of a RV for any emergency situation.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    USAF Veteran

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky2 View Post
    I look at emergency use of a RV for any emergency situation.
    I don't think I will be planning for option two. If the situation is that dire where you need to go hide in the wilderness I won't be bringing a bright white RV out there.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast