User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am putting through things for the same install on a 2020 310GK. I had not thought of mounting it behind the television in the bedroom; what a great idea and it sure solves some problems I was trying to work through with regard to cabling, power etc. #bertschb did you shorten the antenna cable? It seems to me that the distance is way shorter than 7 feet and so I would have to wind the cable up behind the TV. Also, office is on my table, and we will also run the TV off of the rounter. Any problems with inside signal strength at the TV in your setup?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmirage View Post
    #bertschb did you shorten the antenna cable? It seems to me that the distance is way shorter than 7 feet and so I would have to wind the cable up behind the TV. Also, office is on my table, and we will also run the TV off of the rounter. Any problems with inside signal strength at the TV in your setup?
    My understanding is you are not supposed to cut the cable so I just coiled up the excess behind the TV. No problem with signal strength in the RV. If you want, you can attach the wifi antennas to the router to get a stronger signal inside the RV rather than attaching the wifi cables to the roof antenna which theoretically would give you a better wifi signal outside of the RV.
    Last edited by bertschb; 01-15-2021 at 02:59 PM.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #bertschb , thanks for the info!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHerrin View Post
    At first, no and I regretted it. After talking with the MobileMustHave people and referring to the manual, I realized the grounding plane was necessary. So, I reluctantly pulled it out, added a 12"x12" piece of aluminium and reinstalled. Much better signal now.
    Hi! I’m looking at doing the same thing. Where did you get the aluminum plane and how did you mount that to the roof? I imagine you had to cut a hole in the middle of it for the base of the Husky and to run cabling?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shawncberg View Post
    Hi! I’m looking at doing the same thing. Where did you get the aluminum plane and how did you mount that to the roof? I imagine you had to cut a hole in the middle of it for the base of the Husky and to run cabling?
    I purchased a 12" x 12" sheet of aluminum. Yes, had to cut the hole. Laid that down and sealed with Dicore.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHerrin View Post
    I purchased a 12" x 12" sheet of aluminum. Yes, had to cut the hole. Laid that down and sealed with Dicore.
    Did you secure the antenna or aluminum any other fashion besides the Dicor? I was thinking I'd have to screw the aluminum into the roof to secure it properly but would prefer not to if not necessary. Already have to drill 1 hole for the antenna.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tagging along
    2018 2150RB/2022 F150 Powerboost

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaostactics View Post
    Tagging along
    You can follow a thread without posting by going to "Thread Tools" on the menu at the top and selecting "Follow This Thread."

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know if this will help but on my 303 RLS I mounted it above the breakfast bar hutch driver side about a foot from the wall. I did mount it on a 12 x 12 aluminum ground plane using Dicor. The only other way I secured it was with the threaded mount through the ground plane and through the ceiling. Power was available using the same run as the lights. I mounted a lighted power switch down next to the power panel in the cabinet facing the island. That is also where my inverter control panel is located. I would say the signal reception is excellent. Where we go in Montana one of our iPhones does not get a signal and the other gets intermittent signal while we are able to stream with the Pepwave router on the roof.

Obviously we are using Wi-Fi only and not connecting with a LAN cable with the router on top of the hutch.

Brian
    Brian & Shea+ Zeke & Roxy GSP’s
    2018 GD Reflection 303RLS 800w solar 400ah LiFePO4
    Sold 2018 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat gas 2,980# payload
    2024 Ford F-350 4x4 CCSB Lariat diesel 4,000# payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    You can follow a thread without posting by going to "Thread Tools" on the menu at the top and selecting "Follow This Thread."

Rob
    Yep but that doesn't bump the thread up.
    2018 2150RB/2022 F150 Powerboost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12