Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

21BHE Just Ordered, Questions on Blue Ox Sway Pro

Just finished negotiations with the dealer on a 2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 21BHE. Have read all of the threads on this site and some come close, but do not answer my questions. Has any installed a Blue Ox Sway Pro on this trailer? Any issues or interference with the clamp on mount? What weight bars did you use? I see most people stating that they have not seen a tongue weight greater than 1000#, the 1000 is designed for 750# to 1000# so I am heading towards getting this one, but would like to hear from someone that has actually used it on a 21BHE, with comments on how it has performed. There are many threads on this forum about the Sway Pro, and they are very positive, just nothing specific to this trailer. I will be towing with a Ram, 5.7l hemi e, with 11300# towing capacity and plenty of tongue weight room for this trailer. Any and all comments are greatly appreciated, as this is our first TT. Have previously only towed utility trailers, although one was a 6X12 pulled with a Subaru, no issues. I am sure that I will be posting additional questions here as they come up, but it seems that most have already been answered here. Thanks.

Mike G.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudynralph View Post
    Just finished negotiations with the dealer on a 2021 Grand Design Imagine XLS 21BHE. Have read all of the threads on this site and some come close, but do not answer my questions. Has any installed a Blue Ox Sway Pro on this trailer? Any issues or interference with the clamp on mount? What weight bars did you use? I see most people stating that they have not seen a tongue weight greater than 1000#, the 1000 is designed for 750# to 1000# so I am heading towards getting this one, but would like to hear from someone that has actually used it on a 21BHE, with comments on how it has performed. There are many threads on this forum about the Sway Pro, and they are very positive, just nothing specific to this trailer. I will be towing with a Ram, 5.7l hemi e, with 11300# towing capacity and plenty of tongue weight room for this trailer. Any and all comments are greatly appreciated, as this is our first TT. Have previously only towed utility trailers, although one was a 6X12 pulled with a Subaru, no issues. I am sure that I will be posting additional questions here as they come up, but it seems that most have already been answered here. Thanks.

Mike G.

What’s your Rams payload capacity? 5.7 hemi means a 150 correct?

We use the Blue Ox on a 7800 lb 2500RL pulled by a Ram 2500. 6.4
    It’s a great WDH IMHO
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pull a 2020 21bhe with a 2019 Chevy Colorado and use a Husky Centerline TS hitch. I live near Elkhart IN and rather than getting a hitch from the GD dealer I went to a hitch shop there that is used by delivery haulers from all over the country. Even though they also sell Blue Ox they recommended the Husky and I have been very satisfied with it. Have not experienced any issues with sway so far. Plus it's considerably less expensive than the Blue Ox.

This is the one they installed

https://www.amazon.com/Husky-32217-C.../dp/B00W919F4K
    Last edited by tfgd21bhe; 02-02-2021 at 05:49 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installation

Quote Originally Posted by tfgd21bhe View Post
    I pull a 2020 21bhe with a 2019 Chevy Colorado and use a Husky Centerline TS hitch. I live near Elkhart IN and rather than getting a hitch from the GD dealer I went to a hitch shop there that is used by delivery haulers from all over the country. Even though they also sell Blue Ox they recommended the Husky and I have been very satisfied with it. Have not experienced any issues with sway so far. Plus it's considerably less expensive than the Blue Ox.

This is the one they installed

https://www.amazon.com/Husky-32217-C.../dp/B00W919F4K

No issue installing the hitch brackets over this trailer?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    What’s your Rams payload capacity? 5.7 hemi means a 150 correct?

We use the Blue Ox on a 7800 lb 2500RL pulled by a Ram 2500. 6.4
    It’s a great WDH IMHO

Yes, it is a 1500. Payload is 1436#. Any issues installing the clamps on the trailer? I don't know if the 2500RL front end is similar to the 21BHE.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No issue at all

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well no experience with this exact model but you may find you need to reposition the propane bottom bracket/stand/tray forward to get the proper alignment between the brackets and the bars.

I did on my 22MLE with the Blue Ox WDH.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like others said, you shouldn't have any issues with the brackets. You might have to move the lp tanks but that's easily accomplished. We went with the Husky Center Line and it works as advertised but is a little noisy in slow turns. For that reason, I'd recommend the Blue Ox. Husky, Blue Ox and Anderson are all great wdh.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The blue ox uses chains and they move side to side. Something like the equalizer hitch the bars use friction it may be a little bit noisy but keeps it under control that’s what the dealer told me anyways. The 4 point equalizer is what I’m getting installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve got a Blue Ox Track Pro hitch (the one with the bars), and pull a 23BHE, and it works great. That said, the Keep Your Daydream folks use the Sway Pro model (the one with chains), and they’re pulling an Airstream with an F-250. It will surely be fine for your 21BHE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast