User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haloview cable under trailer

Anyone installed the haloview 49' extension cable from the top of rear to under trailer and end up the storage or else? I may dislike to put cable on roof but I will have to do if no choice.
    2021 Chevy 3500HD SRW (Quad BB-8)
    2021 Momentum 381M ( Moment-ium Falcon)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not bought or installed one of those....yet, but if I do I'm going to buy some 1/2" or 3/4" PVC plastic pipe and run the cable through that on the roof. It seems to me that would be much easier than trying to possibly have to drop the black Coroplast cover under the trailer and run it like that. My plan would be to anchor the PVC pipe to the side of all three A/C units (back to front), then use some roof sealant in between the A/C units for added stability. I would also put the transmitter on the roof of the trailer, up close to the front A/C unit. Just my thoughts on it, but maybe an option for you if you do the roof install thing.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasts View Post
    Anyone installed the haloview 49' extension cable from the top of rear to under trailer and end up the storage or else? I may dislike to put cable on roof but I will have to do if no choice.
    I installed a backup camera on my 297RSTS and ran the antenna extension/booster over the roof for the 12' of cable. I used self leveling lap sealant about every 6" or so to attach the cable to the roof. My booster antenna has a magnetic base so I also screwed a light recepticle steel cover to the roof using sealant in the screws as well as a sealant/adhesive under the plate and then self leveling caulking on the top and over the antenna base. No issues at all with the antenna or cable moving. Very solid.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tossing the idea around of adding one as well. My though was to cover it with eternabond.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding running the cable, my 351M should be the same floor plan as yours. I ran my cord for the ford aux camera on the roof. All the wires were already in a plastic loom so i just used the lap sealant to hold it down. I fished the cable through the pre-drilled hole in the roof for the sat/solar panel cables. To keep a seal at this hole, I used a plastic junction box that is screwed down and sealed with lap sealant. This cavity leads down to the storage compartment. In the storage compartment ceiling, the hole was covered by foil tape. From there, I drilled a hole in the plastic bin at the compartment door opening, ran it underneath, then back up through openings that lead into the front compartment and finally up into the hitch area. Not sure how far your cable needs to go but mine had to reach all the way into the bed of the truck.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I have not bought or installed one of those....yet, but if I do I'm going to buy some 1/2" or 3/4" PVC plastic pipe and run the cable through that on the roof. It seems to me that would be much easier than trying to possibly have to drop the black Coroplast cover under the trailer and run it like that. My plan would be to anchor the PVC pipe to the side of all three A/C units (back to front), then use some roof sealant in between the A/C units for added stability. I would also put the transmitter on the roof of the trailer, up close to the front A/C unit. Just my thoughts on it, but maybe an option for you if you do the roof install thing.
    what kind of anchor?
    2021 Chevy 3500HD SRW (Quad BB-8)
    2021 Momentum 381M ( Moment-ium Falcon)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what kind of anchor?
    Probably just an ordinary pipe strap or clamp, and bolt it to the metal pan of each A/C unit. I can't say for sure, as I have not bought or installed a camera yet.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"