User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reflection 367bhs and ram 3500 srw

Hello everyone. We are looking into purchasing a reflection 367bhs. We currently have a 2017 ram 3500 crew srw 6.5' bed with tow prep. Truck has 17000 pound towing capacity and 3804 lb payload. According to grand design, rv has an uvw of 12474 and hitch weight of 2665. From what I have read these numbers are not usually correct. My question is would this combination work? Does anyone have actual scale weights of this rv? And what hitch would you all recommend? I have narrowed my selection down to the b&w companion slider with puck system or the Anderson ultimate II. Thanks for any help.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    Hello everyone. We are looking into purchasing a reflection 367bhs. We currently have a 2017 ram 3500 crew srw 6.5' bed with tow prep. Truck has 17000 pound towing capacity and 3804 lb payload. According to grand design, rv has an uvw of 12474 and hitch weight of 2665. From what I have read these numbers are not usually correct. My question is would this combination work? Does anyone have actual scale weights of this rv? And what hitch would you all recommend? I have narrowed my selection down to the b&w companion slider with puck system or the Anderson ultimate II. Thanks for any help.
    First, welcome to the forum! When I read your username my thought was "New Mexico". (Anyone remotely connected to the Air Force will know why!)

To your question: Based on a mistake I made with a truck purchase, may I make a suggestion? Check out the REFERENCE LIBRARY and this post: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ity-Calculator . (Last page of the book: it's payload that gets us every time, not tow capacity!)

I hope you'll take the time to digest the information (and links to references) in that post.

To get even more specific, the maximum weight (GVWR) of the 367 is 14,995. Without knowing the actual real-world weights owners encounter, you can substitute 25% of the GVWR (because its a 5vr) as the pin weight for the worst-case scenario. The calculator shows that is 3,748lbs. Let me repeat this is a worst-case scenario for planning . Your real-world weight may be less.

I have a bumper pull so there are different numbers but here's my personal experience: my DW and I packed our 315RLTS right up to the GVWR without any problem. We still have lots of room for more stuff but we ran out of GVWR. I have to put heavy items like tools in the truck before we depart. The tongue weight is ~13%. I had used 15%, since it is a bumper-pull, for my planning factor.

Hope this helps.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been used Towing Planner for a standard rear living room front bedroom and it's about as close a stubby pencil weighting can be in my opinion. With a 21.4 dry pin weight percentage, you going to over the normal 22 to 23 percent that most GD Reflections and Solitude seems to fall between.

http://towingplanner.com/Estimators/...4&lw=12942&a=3
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same set up as you. I use a Goosebox, with no issues at all. I also added a set of Timbrens. The first pic was before the Timbrens, truck now rides level when towing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    2016 Ram 3500 CTD
    2018 Reflection 367BHS
    Reese Goosebox
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dropyerjaws--I noticed you have a 367, too. Can you add anything to this discussion?
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2963.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	16487Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2962.jpg 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	16488Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2964.jpg 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	16489

I am running a B&W companion with the turnover, non slider, in the crew cab standard bed (not long or short - I think thats 6.5'?) with aboslutely no problems. I almost pulled the trigger on a slider but I am glad I saved the money as I ended up not needing it. I have plenty of clearance around the bed and am on the lowest setting. I can still raise another 8 inchese or so.

Weight wise, I havent ran across a physical scale but the sticker was pretty close to 12300/12400 I can check that out later to confirm. In my one ton single rear I had no issues and honestly, as big as this rig is, I was amazed at how much I don't notice the 367 behind me while towing.
    JD
    :boink:
    2019 367BHS
    2018 3500 Silverado SRW Diesel
    B&W turnover with Companion

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone for the great information. I have towed our tt with a ram 1500 for the past 5 years. We have towed that set up approximately 20000 miles during that time with most of the trips three hours away for the weekend and a yearly trip to pigeon forge. Power was never an issue but stability was always a concern. Since purchasing the 3500 we know what it is like to have a very enjoyable towing experience. With our new purchase of a fifth wheel I do not want to have the same issue as before.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    Cannon, can you tell me if you followed through with the purchase of the Grand Design Reflection 367bhs? We are looking at that exact floorplan and have a 2018 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW and don't want to have to change trucks again. I have 3440 pounds available after weighing truck with both fuel tanks full (60 gal RDS aux and truck tank=92 gal). Pin weight on the bhs is 2665 which leaves 775 available for passengers and anything in truck. And these are exact weights as I have weighed the truck on CAT scales. Waiting to hear back from you or anyone else that wants to chime in.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You numbers are corret if you plan not put anything in the 5er when pulling it. What ever you add to the 5er a percentage goes to the pin weight. Most people add between 1000 and 1500 pounds to the UVW posted on the website. Here is stubby pencil weighing in the link below:

http://www.towingplanner.com/Estimat...4&lw=13974&a=3

Quote Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
    Cannon, can you tell me if you followed through with the purchase of the Grand Design Reflection 367bhs? We are looking at that exact floorplan and have a 2018 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW and don't want to have to change trucks again. I have 3440 pounds available after weighing truck with both fuel tanks full (60 gal RDS aux and truck tank=92 gal). Pin weight on the bhs is 2665 which leaves 775 available for passengers and anything in truck. And these are exact weights as I have weighed the truck on CAT scales. Waiting to hear back from you or anyone else that wants to chime in.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, man, I am envious. If I'd had the foresight to get a 3500 SRW, I'd have gotten the 367 instead of the 337. That would've made life so much nicer when my daughter came to see us. That said, when I see my way clear I'll likely upgrade to a DRW truck and something different than this--possibly a toy hauler.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast