User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoopy Frood...........Yes, I did indeed notice a strong flow sound of water while the tank was flushing and I thought it unusual. I have a feeling it just might be that vacuum breaker. We are taking it in to dealer next week, since it is still under warranty. Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by LetsGo1965; 11-03-2023 at 01:36 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    My guess is it was the full sensor was in the 3/4 spot...or something like that.

To the OP, if the dealer was just working on the tanks, it would be very likely they caused the problem.
    My thoughts exactly!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I'm curious how the dealer calibrated the tank sensors. They are essentially probes that get installed in the tank by drilling a hole in the tank and then placing the sensor in each hole. If they relocated the sensors, they would have had to fill the hole with something, if not done properly or didn't cure enough before use, it could be a leak point. As far as I know, there is no calibration of the sensor unless it was incorrectly wired from the factory.
    The probes are installed by the tank manufacturer. and there are specific moulded locations for them. Pretty hard to screw that up. All GD has to do is put the correct wires on each sensor
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would bet a grand on the worthless (to me anyway) vacuum breaker. I replaced mine by coupling the hose together.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea specifically why but 2023 should still be under warranty. Were you hooked up to campground water or using the fresh water tank?
    2018 Ram 3500 with AS69RC Aisin transmission and Companion RVK3670 sliding hitch
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo1965 View Post
    We are fairly new to owning a travel trailer and we have a 2023 GD 297rsts. This weekend we were packing up to go home from a trip and we flushed our black tank. Once we hooked the trailer to the truck and took the trailer off the leveling blocks we noticed clear water pouring out from underbelly of trailer, where the grey and black pull handle lines enter the underbelly. Does anyone know the cause of this water accumulation? Thanks in advance......
    I had same issue over a year ago. I am not saying this is your issue but something to think about and I have read where others have had same issue.
    When we left a camp ground after being there a month fresh water poured out when I came off leveling blocks. Tons of water in the underbelly. Got home and tested fresh water tank and grey tanks and could not duplicate problem. Since it was clear water I never even contemplated the black water tank.
    Anyway without going into a lot of detail, this year while at same campground for 2 months I figured it out.
    I was doing a black water flush and what I always did was pull the black tank handle while running the flush into the tank. When it looked like it was pretty much empty I would close the valve and fill it up with fresh water by looking at display and when full pull it again. After filling a little too much what I discovered was that water was coming out the top of the tank.
    The top of these tanks are just a sheet of the same material glued to the lip on the top. I read where they can come loose. I got underneath at campground by cutting the underbelly on three sides only and folded it toward the front of camper (that way if tape comes off while traveling it wont try and blow down towards the road). The edge towards the front of the tank had come loose on the top. Because I was still camping I just used EternaBond tape and taped the top down to the tank where the support bar went across. Thankfully it had only separated on the leading edge towards the front of the trailer. I figured I would wait till I got home and cut tape and use black silicon sealer for automobiles. I have not done that yet but I never had an isse after I did that with the tape the whole time I was there camping for the remainder of the 2 months.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12