User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    Installing mine soon. Waiting on shipment from performance brakes... looking forward to see how they will function.
    Received the setup yesterday. 5 heavy boxes. will install as soon as everything dries out. Been raining all month!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received the setup yesterday. 5 heavy boxes. will install as soon as everything dries out. Been raining all month!
    They are not that hard to install. I installed mine on my last trailer, at my property, a few years ago, but I am not there and I am getting to old to be crawling around under a trailer all day, I can't get up very well. so I am having, Performence Brakes do them. Good luck with the install.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi phonemannn,

See this writeup on disc brakes and hydraulics and the linked one on wiring https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...tem-Hydraulics for some ideas that I came up with on an easier way to to run the hydraulic lines and the wiring to the pin box. Also an auto reset breaker that I added that no one else seems to think is necessary.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Haha I will! A guy that works for me lives there and I used to live in NW SA. Seems there are several of us in this area on here. We should put our own rally together, someplace like Garner State park or something. Drink a beer, swap lies and check out each others rigs...fun!!
    Give me a date and time and I will schedule my vacation back to my home state and check out ya'lls disc brake setup
    Monty and Nena, with our 4 legged friend Allie

2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn CC 4X4 DRW Mopar M25 hitch with 90 gal Aux tank
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjaike View Post
    Give me a date and time and I will schedule my vacation back to my home state and check out ya'lls disc brake setup
    Haha sounds good! Guess I better get off my duff and get the brakes done soon. OP I'm very sorry if we hijacked the thread but some very good info here, thank you for starting the thread.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi phonemannn,

See this writeup on disc brakes and hydraulics and the linked one on wiring https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...tem-Hydraulics for some ideas that I came up with on an easier way to to run the hydraulic lines and the wiring to the pin box. Also an auto reset breaker that I added that no one else seems to think is necessary.

Rob
    Thank you. I will look at that thread.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered the brake kit from performance, it will be a couple months for install. I will give a report after install. I am confident it will be good!
    Retired Truck Driver
    42 yrs. 4.5 Million Miles
    2019 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recono View Post
    Ordered the brake kit from performance, it will be a couple months for install. I will give a report after install. I am confident it will be good!
    I look forward to reading the report. Don't forget the pictures!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished installing mine; purchased a titan kit from stopyoutrailer.com. I drove down to West Palm beach to The Expeditor to pick the parts up after I ordered them from Bill at stopyourtrailer.com; I figure I saved a few bucks driving rather than paying for the freight shipping. A friend and I did the work.

A few notes:
    > I used as much steel line as I could rather than the all the hoses in the kit. I figure I save over 12' of hose. It probably doesn't matter, but we thought the steel line was more durable as well as less swelling under pressure.
    > We used 3/16" steel lines rather than the 1/4" lines in the kit. Since I didn't use 2 of the 6' hoses I had to purchase some 3/16" straight lines from NAPA so just went with that all the way.
    > We used grade 8 nuts and bolts for the caliper mounting plates.
    > I got a great deal on a Carlisle Hydrastar pump (from same friend who helped) so I used it rather than the Titan.
    > Greasing bearing is messy, but having a bearing grease packing tool was helpful.
    > Interesting locking device for the axle nut (no more cotter pins).
    > Considered going with 9/16" studs rather than staying with 1/2" but decided some 9/16" impact sockets might not fit in the wheels GD uses. It's a tight fit even for my 1/2" socket.

Only got to test drive the rig a few miles. I'll take it out Sunday on a 2 hour drive.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123