User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018 337RLS that has been in two times for the refrigerator slide gouging the floor. First time it was in front of fireplace, second in the middle. We thought it was finally fixed until last week. While bringing it in it gouged the floor in front of the refrigerator.
    I had earlier received a call from Grand Design asking if we had had any slide issues. Kind of out of the blue after Christmas. I explained our problems and they said they had a new fix and would cover repairs. Last week we dropped it off at dealer and while they were going over it and explaining what they need to do it was discovered that the slidefloor has separated and has water damage. So now the whole slide floor needs to be replaced in addition to repairing the slide gouging floor. We had planned to make our big summer trip next week but looks like its not going to happen. Also while checking out unit we discovered egg shell like cracking in the bottom of the front cap. Looks like little spider webs. So at this point we are waiting for the dealer to get approval that the repairs will be covered. Also we have one decal to be replaced that has bubbled off and the Nautilus unit to be repaired because it will not pump the antifreeze in winterize mode. I had to pump the antifreeze directly from the pump to winterize. Grand Design sent us a new decal but wont cover labor. No help with the Nautilus. However I called Nautilus and they sent me two new valves just in case that's the problem. Their engineer didn't seem to think it was a valve issue but still sent them. As you might suspect I am frustrated and disappointed with our 337. Not to mention its around a 200 mile round trip to the dealer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fam5mel View Post
    We have a 2018 337RLS that has been in two times for the refrigerator slide gouging the floor. First time it was in front of fireplace, second in the middle. We thought it was finally fixed until last week. While bringing it in it gouged the floor in front of the refrigerator.
    I had earlier received a call from Grand Design asking if we had had any slide issues. Kind of out of the blue after Christmas. I explained our problems and they said they had a new fix and would cover repairs. Last week we dropped it off at dealer and while they were going over it and explaining what they need to do it was discovered that the slidefloor has separated and has water damage. So now the whole slide floor needs to be replaced in addition to repairing the slide gouging floor. We had planned to make our big summer trip next week but looks like its not going to happen. Also while checking out unit we discovered egg shell like cracking in the bottom of the front cap. Looks like little spider webs. So at this point we are waiting for the dealer to get approval that the repairs will be covered. Also we have one decal to be replaced that has bubbled off and the Nautilus unit to be repaired because it will not pump the antifreeze in winterize mode. I had to pump the antifreeze directly from the pump to winterize. Grand Design sent us a new decal but wont cover labor. No help with the Nautilus. However I called Nautilus and they sent me two new valves just in case that's the problem. Their engineer didn't seem to think it was a valve issue but still sent them. As you might suspect I am frustrated and disappointed with our 337. Not to mention its around a 200 mile round trip to the dealer.
    Who from Grand Design Called? That is interesting.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really a bummer to miss an anticipated big trip. Is GDRV picking up the tab for the new slide floor? Hope so.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answer to above questions. Received a call from Gentry McConnell Grand Design Regional Service Manager. Have not yet heard from dealer about Grand Design covering repairs. I have called dealer but they did not return my call yet. Hope that’s not a bad sign. I’m hoping they will agree to let us pick up unit and bring back after our trip. If not no big trip. Will update. Hopefully all will work out.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answer to above questions. Received a call from Gentry McConnell Grand Design Regional Service Manager. Have not yet heard from dealer about Grand Design covering repairs. I have called dealer but they did not return my call yet. Hope that’s not a bad sign. I’m hoping they will agree to let us pick up unit and bring back after our trip. If not no big trip. Will update. Hopefully all will work out.
    Thanks. Wonder if I will get a call . It’s been two weeks since my repair.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cleary View Post
    We have a 2018 Model year Reflection 337. The kitchen slide out is tearing up the floor. We are going to be going in for repairs (warranty).

We have friends who have the same model year that had the same issue. Their dealer put in an updated (thicker) sub floor as well as a new updated floor covering, as well as updated slides and additional brackets (??). They were told the slideout/floor issue is a known concern on this model and year. That said, he looked at our slideout under the refrigerator and said it looked like the slide out had the additional slides and/or brackets.

Supposedly Grand Design knows about this and has made the upgrade on later models.

Can any of you fill me in on all of this? I don't want a patch job done as a repair.

Thanks very much!
    We have a 2019 303 RLS, first time opening ours, the floor ripped pretty bad in front of the fridge near the island. GD is aware of the issue. It is a design flaw. We just had our’s fixed at the factory and they went above and beyond for us. It is like new now. We didn’t even realize til the day before the repairs, that the protective wrap under the slide was also being ripped. They removed the whole slide. Put a thicker floor in with a different slide system.
    We are extremely happy with the service that we received. That’s why we chose GD!
    Pino and sherry
    2019 GD 303 RLS
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson hitch
    Champion 3400 dual fuel generator
    “Out ‘n About, Eh”

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slauretani View Post
    We have a 2019 303 RLS, first time opening ours, the floor ripped pretty bad in front of the fridge near the island. GD is aware of the issue. It is a design flaw. We just had our’s fixed at the factory and they went above and beyond for us. It is like new now. We didn’t even realize til the day before the repairs, that the protective wrap under the slide was also being ripped. They removed the whole slide. Put a thicker floor in with a different slide system.
    We are extremely happy with the service that we received. That’s why we chose GD!
    Will you explain what you mean on, “different slide system”?
    Appx how long did GD take to do the repair?

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The slide floor thickness appears to have changed on these later models.
    I'd checked my 2015 slide floor while I had the frig out for some work it's ~1-1/8 to 1-1/4" thick.
    I had checked it where the propane line comes up thru the floor for the frig.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide FLoor Thickness - Screwdriver Mark ~1.25-in. DSCF3846.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	20967
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superduty View Post
    Will you explain what you mean on, “different slide system”?
    Appx how long did GD take to do the repair?

Thanks
    We had our slide and floor repaired by the GD factory in Indiana. Repairs were done three weeks ago. We did not trust our dealer to touch the floor. They had no idea what they were doing when they patched the floor from the first damage!
    The representative that helped us just simply said they have come up with a whole new slide system, as well as a 1”sub floor. They also replaced all of our flooring because our dealer did a terrible job. Because it had also damage the underside of the slide, we left our trailer there for them to fix because it was going to take longer. I think it was about three days. The whole slide came out.
    Again, we are very happy with the service we received!
    Pino and sherry
    2019 GD 303 RLS
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson hitch
    Champion 3400 dual fuel generator
    “Out ‘n About, Eh”

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. My heavy slide, when going out or in, still rubs the floor. I can hear it. (Does it when just starting to extend, and when almost fully retracted.)
    Just gaining some knowledge in case I have more issue. Having GD do yours in my opinion, was the best thing to do. They built it, and know the inners workings.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast