User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got some good news today. Grand Design approved repairs to refrigerator side slideout. Going to replace floor. I asked what would be done and was told it’s at dealer discretion how it’s done. I thought it would be a Grand Design fix. So apprehensive about this. They said it has to be taken to dealer not to factory. Depends who you talk to I guess. Dealer has done a temporary fix so we can still go on vacation. Allowing us to pick it up on a Saturday and drop it back off on a Saturday. I will say they’ve worked with us. I’ll update how repairs turn out. Thanks for all the great info.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many are having this problem I wonder? We have a 2018 337rls with no issues so far. Slide has only been in and out maybe a dozen times. Does this develop over time or would it have been an issue out of the gate?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by upinthewild View Post
    How many are having this problem I wonder? We have a 2018 337rls with no issues so far. Slide has only been in and out maybe a dozen times. Does this develop over time or would it have been an issue out of the gate?
    Mine took about six months to develop so probably 50-60 cycles
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add me on to this Large Slide, again. This will be my second time. It was fix, just before leaving this weekend.
    Cut the floor this time at the Refrigerator end. I will post their response to this.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours started ripping the floor during our first season owning it. Probably 30 cycles. Like to know how you can get something fixed at the factory. Every time I’ve asked I’m told has to go to dealer. Very convenient for those of you who live near factory.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fam5mel View Post
    Ours started ripping the floor during our first season owning it. Probably 30 cycles. Like to know how you can get something fixed at the factory. Every time I’ve asked I’m told has to go to dealer. Very convenient for those of you who live near factory.
    I agree 100% with you for a factory fix. I have heard of 3 different ways of fixing the slide, but out of the 3, no one has said it did fix it. I’m going to round 2, and not happy that I have to spend 1 day going to the dealer, and 1 day to pick it up not knowing it will be correctly repaired this time. Another couple I meet, is going on round 3.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fam5mel View Post
    We live in Ontario Canada. We are 6 hours one way. Our first issue was the floor ripping from the slide which happened as soon as we got home from the day we picked it up brand new. Took it right back to the dealers the same day. Did not like what they were telling us. We still left it with them and we came home and reported it to GD immediately. When we went to pick it up, the dealer gave us some stupid explanation which we knew was wrong and they did a terrible job of patching our floor. One week later, we had water coming in the back window. We called GD and booked an appointment to bring it in to get both issues replaced. We simply told them we were not happy with the dealer and didn’t want them touching our brand new trailer anymore. They were not capable of repairing it! About two weeks later we received a call from GD with a date for the warranty work. They booked us a campsite the night before right at the factory for us and our appointment was for 6.30 the next morning. Again very happy with the service!
    Pino and sherry
    2019 GD 303 RLS
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson hitch
    Champion 3400 dual fuel generator
    “Out ‘n About, Eh”

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Superduty View Post
    I agree 100% with you for a factory fix. I have heard of 3 different ways of fixing the slide, but out of the 3, no one has said it did fix it. I’m going to round 2, and not happy that I have to spend 1 day going to the dealer, and 1 day to pick it up not knowing it will be correctly repaired this time. Another couple I meet, is going on round 3.
    Your dealer needs to call GD and get proper instructions on what has to be done. I wouldn’t let the dealer touch it again until he calls GD.
    Pino and sherry
    2019 GD 303 RLS
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson hitch
    Champion 3400 dual fuel generator
    “Out ‘n About, Eh”

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 Reflection 303 RLS and have experienced the identical floor problems caused by the Galley slide. The first time it tore up the flooring between the range and the island. The dealer patched the floor but did not solve the problem of the front edge of the slide riding on the linoleum. Not too long after the first patch job, the flooring tore up at the front edge of the slide. Once again that flooring was patched but the slide continues to ride on the linoleum for about 4-6 inches when the slide is approximately 3-4 inches from being fully in. This contact is made in both directions. I just returned today from a month long trip and dropped my unit off at he dealer as there is a new problem with the linoleum. When a new piece of material was pieced in, there is a seam right at the point where the slide is riding on the floor. It didn't take very long for the slide to grab that patch and start pulling it up.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my 2015 366DEN had smooth operating slides without floor damage until I hit a section of highway on I-10 in Louisiana. Not knowing I may have messed up the alignment, my previously in-gouged floor in the rear of the RV has deep gouges on both slides (opposing slides). Is there adjustments to be made?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast