User Tag List

Thread: New GD owner!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New GD owner!

We bought a used 2017 2150RB in early July this year. I have posted a couple threads on this forum already looking for advice on a tow vehicle. Well, we did buy a 2016 Silverado 1500 to tow it, so we are all ready to go on the road! First trip is scheduled for 8/18-8/21 at Green Lakes State Park near Syracuse. So excited to camp again after 3 1/2 long years of no camper.

We are already thinking about road trips for future years... Northern US, Maine coast, Southern US, maybe even Canada at some point... possibly Alaska if we find people to travel with?

Thanks for all the help with Tow Vehicle questions, and I'll be back here to offer whatever help I can from what we learn. Maybe even find people to camp with! :-)

Bryan

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congrats. Enjoy your first trip. When we retire in a couple of years we too will explore the country.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy the new rig, great place to start, always liked upstate NY. You should take a drive up I81 and visit the Canuck side of the river.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Enjoy the new rig, great place to start, always liked upstate NY. You should take a drive up I81 and visit the Canuck side of the river.
    Yeah, that would be a nice trip, or the other side of the state into Toronto. My Dad used to go to Rice Lake in Ontario... seems like he liked it there.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryancass View Post
    Yeah, that would be a nice trip, or the other side of the state into Toronto. My Dad used to go to Rice Lake in Ontario... seems like he liked it there.
    The Kwartha Lakes region just north of Rice Lake is also nice, Rice is a popular Lake. I have an Aunt who lives in Lakefield, she has a cottage on a lake just north of her house so we didn't camp.
    No matter where you go, it will be time well spent. Lake Champlain was popular years ago, not sure what it is like now.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    The Kwartha Lakes region just north of Rice Lake is also nice, Rice is a popular Lake. I have an Aunt who lives in Lakefield, she has a cottage on a lake just north of her house so we didn't camp.
    No matter where you go, it will be time well spent. Lake Champlain was popular years ago, not sure what it is like now.
    I used to live in Charlotte, VT about 1/2 mile from Lake Champlain, so I know it well. :-) In the 13 years we were there, we explored quite a few VT state parks: Button Bay, Mt. Philo, Maidstone (gorgeous), Stillwater, Ricker Pond. It's a beautiful place to visit, but glad we don't live there any more.