User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Equalizer has sway control built into hitch; I guess if you use sway control on truck it would have a negative effect. The 2 long bars slide on bracket mounted to frame of camper creating friction and all the sway control you will ever need. I would suggest you buy the nylon pads that set on bottom of brackets thereby preventing metal to metal friction.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How sway control works on tow vehicle:

Trailer Sway Control first detects the sway and then puts measures in place to control the situation. Toyota TSC has a two-step process. First it detects the trailer sway often before the driver will. Then if automatically applies brake pressure to the individual trailer wheels. It also eases the engine torque. All these actions combined help to steady the trailer and the trailer cargo.
    At the same time TSC is working to bring the trailer under control, it is also communicating with cars behind the trailer. The brake lights will go on to alert vehicles behind it that it is slowing down.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hitch came with a big red label to disable the vehicle sway control if you install the sway control that came with the hitch. I don't know if the dealer will install the sway control when we pick up our trailer on Monday. They said they would set up our WD hitch for us at no charge, I will have the sway control handy for them

Ken

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke to Grand Design about this just recently. They told me that they placed the fresh water tank over the axles for good weight distribution.
    Last edited by tswitz65; 08-10-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nadkaw1957 View Post
    I've towed almost exclusively with full fresh water because I primarily boondock. You don't need to worry about the tongue being under the advertised weight. You should, however give serious consideration to how much it weighs over the advertised weight. With full water, batteries, LP and a moderate amount of "stuff" in the basement, my tongue weighs in at just over 1200 lbs. Granted, I have 4 6V batteries at 80 lbs each, but even with only 2, I'd still be at an easy 1000 lbs. I use an Equalizer E4 WDH with 1200 lb bars. I've never had the least amount of sway, even in the gusty northern Nevada crosswinds coming out of the Sierras. The bathroom gray and the black tanks are both in front of the axles, so the majority of the fresh water you use is probably going to end up in front of the axles as well.
    That's some good info on the tongue weight! Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camping1 View Post
    We have a 2150 RB , tanks full no problem ( just use more fuel }
    I notice a difference with full tanks. The black and grey 2 are well behind the axles, this lifts the tongue. I usually run with 1/3 in fresh and others basically empty.

The 2250RK would have the fresh, black and bath tanks close to the axles, the kitchen grey might be near the rear, IMO.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always run our camper with empty grey and black tanks as campgrounds have either sewer hook ups or dump station. Run with about 1/3 tanks of fresh water. If you are dry camping in remote campgrounds none of this would apply but we never have dry camped.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2150 and love it, over 20k travels w it. Boon dock also, had all the tanks full and no problems, I run an equalizer hitch, all units move a little when a large semi blows by at 75-80.. The 2250 was not available when we purchased ours, if it had been it would be a difficult choice!! Get a good hitch like the equalizer, and with the added storage of items in the front you should be fine! Enjoy!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltjg View Post
    The 2250 was not available when we purchased ours, if it had been it would be a difficult choice!! Get a good hitch like the equalizer, and with the added storage of items in the front you should be fine! Enjoy!!
    Grass is always greener - as you note the 2250RK was not available when you chose your 2150RB. With us it was the 2450RL, that floor plan as viewed in non-GDRV products is the one we wanted. A year after purchasing our 2150RB (which we love) there it is.
    On the 2150RB the total CCC is under 1055 pounds. Full fresh tank, empty grey and empty black, full propane and a single battery leaves you with a little over 650 pounds. The waste tanks can hold over 100 gallons combined, that is over 800 pounds. If all tanks were full the unit is well over its GVWR with the stowage bay empty and no personal effects or food on board at all. WD hitches can “move” weight from the tongue to the trailer axles and the front wheels of the TV, that is not much help if the trailer axles are already well over capacity. Maybe I have this wrong, but I don’t think so.

Bottom line is that the 2150RB a full fresh tank has a within CCC personal load of around 650 pounds. That is not a lot. All the smaller Imagines with 3500 pound axles have a similar situation.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I’m not one to set around and research all the weight limits of the various RV’s and trucks which can lead into a real tangle of opinions on these threads. The hitch has little to do with overall weight if your into checking that, but what it does do is help with the leveling and control of vehicle and unit being towed. I have seen a 2150 grossly overloaded but it still performed. My experience is that said weights have a very wide security measure baked in. Also, experience of towing various trailers, RV and others over the past 50 years comes into play a little when loading and pulling. I KNOW the 2150 WILL perform very well even with a full load and full tanks and I would think that the 2250 will also. Having over 20K miles on our 2150 which we love, in all kinds of weather, roads, mountains, deserts, RV camps, boondocking, BLM, dirt roads ect, brings me to my conclusions and recommendations. My comments still stand to the original post on their questions. Either unit will be fine, buy the one you like, go and enjoy it and,,, don’t spend too much time on these posting boards.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast