User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought this kit and I’m curious how you get the power wire down the drain tube connected to the power source. Do you need to pull the refrigerator out of the slide? Is there access to the drain tube from the outside of the trailer? If you need to pull the refrigerator forward have you seen any instructions on how to do this? Thank you so much!!

John Moore

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be able to fish the wire from inside pretty easy. I removed the drain pan on the inside to open the hole up some. Feed it through until the end comes out the tube on the outside and grab it from there. The drain tube should be located in the lower outside cover for the fridge. It will be tucked into an opening in the cover so it can dump water outside of the trailer. No need to pull fridge for inside fans.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I powered my fan off of the door light switch power feed using a wiretap connector shown on the web page below. I also taped into the ground wire from the light using another wiretap connector. I've also seen posts where people solder the ground wire to an alligator clip and they attached it to one of the metal fins in the back of the frig. If you use the frig drain hole to bring the power and ground wires into the frig you'll have to make a hole in the tube behind fig where you'd attach to power and ground. I was afraid that it might leak water into the back of the frig where it doesn't belong. Otherwise you can run the wires completely thru the tube to the outside of the RV and then feed them back in again, but that might look odd. It was easier for me to tap off the wires near the light using the wire connectors.

http://automotivewireconnectors.com/wire-tap-connector/
    Last edited by BeerBrewer; 08-30-2019 at 04:44 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My drain tube was in a knot just above the lower opening
    Had to untie it in order to get the wire through.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    also, the supplied wire was too short, so i had to add a little bit. but mine comes out at the end of the drainage tube and loops back in. Can't see it unless you walk right up on it. ( had to cut some tube off because it was too long ) and, the supplied wire was not stiff enough. So, i had some larger gauge wire and taped the supplied wire to it and fished it down that way.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
    You should be able to fish the wire from inside pretty easy. I removed the drain pan on the inside to open the hole up some. Feed it through until the end comes out the tube on the outside and grab it from there. The drain tube should be located in the lower outside cover for the fridge. It will be tucked into an opening in the cover so it can dump water outside of the trailer. No need to pull fridge for inside fans.
    This is exactly how I did mine. It was very easy to get it to go thru the tube. Just slides right thru and like Justa said when you see it come out of the tube just grab it and pull it out till you have what you need inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your reply! I now have the kit up and running and it seems to be working great. Thanks again! John Moore

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been fighting dometic since July, fridge died completely, our digital thermometer showed 113. It blew 5 fuses since March before this happened. The bypassed the thermister and fridge cut on ans cooled down to 48. After fighting tooth and nail for 2 months got word today they were replacing the whole fridge.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Been fighting dometic since July, fridge died completely, our digital thermometer showed 113. It blew 5 fuses since March before this happened. The bypassed the thermister and fridge cut on ans cooled down to 48. After fighting tooth and nail for 2 months got word today they were replacing the whole fridge.
    I like the result, but I don't like that it took that long to resolve. That doesn't give you that warm fuzzy feeling about their warranty. Though I think anything less than an ammonia leak (the coolant) is probably better resolved by us, the end user.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Is Grand Design helping you out or are you just dealing with Dometic?
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast