User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 2670 thoughts

I just finished a 6500 mile trip with this rig.

Overall, I like the design and layout. The island kitchen and counter space are great. The orientation of the tv and the dual recliners is unique and a great design.

A couple design items could be improved:

Black water flush is directly above power cord. Water and electricity don’t mix! Move the thing...

Roof gutters at the front are directly over the forward hatches. You don’t want dripping on your head while you are unloading the front cargo.

Seal the bottom of the shower. I did it, but you can do it at the factory.

A bigger fridge might be nice.

Small items, but hopefully the GD guys are reading.

Finally, I’m towing with a 2019 Ram 1500. I have pulled other truck/ trailer combos. The Ram is rated well above what this trailer weighs. I have a 10k e2 with trunnions. I have 392 and factory air suspension. It pulls with plenty of power. However, as noted in other posts, the sway is problematic. I played with tongue wt with the water tank and with loading. Water slosh was noticeable, so I just loaded the cargo bay with about 200 lbs. I also dropped the hitch level. It improved, but I still get sway. If I tow at about 61 mph it seems to be reasonable. Road surface seems to be more of a factor than wind, but semi-suck is noticeable.

And yes, the tires are filled correctly on both truck and trailer. I’m still going to verify all the weights when I can get to a scale. I’ll make sure tongue wt and gcwr are in line. I’m using 7100 (door sticker) for the truck and 8500 for the trailer. Payload on the truck is 1400. We were well under the payload. Tongue was probably around 7-800. Trailer says 616 and I added about 200 in the front cargo bay and an extra battery.
    I filled the water tank and the trucks air suspension was balking at me for payload, so I know that was heavy. I dropped the water and added cargo wt and the air suspension would go in to any mode.

But just wanted to echo some of what I read on the 2670 so far.

If anybody has thoughts on correcting sway for this trailer please share!

Thanks,

Bob

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 2670 thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Beringc View Post

You may have meant you sealed the bottom of OUTSIDE of the shower pan at the floor, but in case you didn’t.. You should NOT seal the bottom of the shower walls to the pan. The walls are intended to overlap the lip of the pan so any moisture runs into the shower and the air gap is to allow for moisture to dry out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    George & Lani
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solved my sway issues with a ProPride hitch. Never could get the Blue Ox to not sway. Sorry, no cheap fix here that I know of.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. My particular problem was at the front metal flange of the door. It was not sealed on the inside and water was leaking at the front corner.

I’ll keep an eye on the rest of the shower pan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 2670 thoughts

Trailer says 616 and I added about 200 in the front cargo bay and an extra battery.
    Also, the cargo capacity should be closer to 1350lbs on the 2670MK. With a full fresh tank, around 900lbs or so. Heaviest appliances are in the rear so try to use under the bed and in pass through to get tongue weight to around 12% of trailer weight - goes a long way to reduce sway. Go to a CAT scale, weigh truck alone full fuel and with trip goodies, then both truck and trailer as you would normally travel (water and waste tanks). You can use some online resources to calculate weights including tongue weight and how close you are to truck and trailer capacities. Peace of mind goes a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SC Flyer; 09-04-2019 at 12:59 PM.
    George & Lani
    Greenville, SC
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    2015 GMC 2500HD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I plan on getting accurate wts, for peace of mind...

Others have asked, but I didn’t see a definitive answer in baffling for the water tank. Unless it’s pressed up fully, there could be some significant mass moving back and forth. When I tried playing with the water for tongue wt, I felt like it was sloshing and creating some movement. I noticed it around corners.
    I got rid of the water and loaded the cargo bay. Didn’t get the same movement.
    I also deactivated the ESC in the truck. That helped as well.
    I’m gonna play around a little more before I drop 3k....
    I wonder if I could rent or borrow a pro hitch🤔 just to see if it’s worth it.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have LT tires on the truck or P metric passenger tires?

A lot of 150/1500 series trucks are coming from the factory with P metrics, and they have soft sidewalls for comfort.

Great for ride, not so great for towing.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished a 6500 mile trip with this rig.

Overall, I like the design and layout. The island kitchen and counter space are great. The orientation of the tv and the dual recliners is unique and a great design.

A couple design items could be improved:

Black water flush is directly above power cord. Water and electricity don’t mix! Move the thing...

Roof gutters at the front are directly over the forward hatches. You don’t want dripping on your head while you are unloading the front cargo.

A bigger fridge might be nice.

Small items, but hopefully the GD guys are reading.

Finally, I’m towing with a 2019 Ram 1500. I have pulled other truck/ trailer combos. The Ram is rated well above what this trailer weighs. I have a 10k e2 with trunnions. I have 392 and factory air suspension. It pulls with plenty of power. However, as noted in other posts, the sway is problematic. I played with tongue wt with the water tank and with loading. Water slosh was noticeable, so I just loaded the cargo bay with about 200 lbs. I also dropped the hitch level. It improved, but I still get sway. If I tow at about 61 mph it seems to be reasonable. Road surface seems to be more of a factor than wind, but semi-suck is noticeable.

And yes, the tires are filled correctly on both truck and trailer. I’m still going to verify all the weights when I can get to a scale. I’ll make sure tongue wt and gcwr are in line. I’m using 7100 (door sticker) for the truck and 8500 for the trailer. Payload on the truck is 1400. We were well under the payload. Tongue was probably around 7-800. Trailer says 616 and I added about 200 in the front cargo bay and an extra battery.
    I filled the water tank and the trucks air suspension was balking at me for payload, so I know that was heavy. I dropped the water and added cargo wt and the air suspension would go in to any mode.

But just wanted to echo some of what I read on the 2670 so far.

If anybody has thoughts on correcting sway for this trailer please share!

Thanks,

Bob
    I was having the same problem with my F150 with a 2018 2670 posted on this site under IS F150 ENOUGH TRUCK it was suggested to buy E rated tires maybe a different hitch and add an extra leaf spring . I felt that if I diid all this I would still have an F150 and still worry about the weight. Even though I appreciated everyone opinons and advice I decided to go to an F250 . Now with the same WD pro series with anti sway bar and no adjustment . Here is what I just posted on that forum.

Well I finally got the F250 6.7 diesel and took our 2018 2670 MK out for a test drive loaded less food and clothes. I didn`t do anything except use what I had with the F150 same hitch pro series with sway bar . I did not put truck tires to maximum air pressure . What a difference I went up and down major hwys at different directions N,E.W,S reached speeds up to 70 mph and had no problem . I let tansports pass me and then i passed them with no issue or sway . The truck handled it like I thought it should it felt so much nicer than the F150 and comfortable . Mind you there was little wind. I am so glad I went this route I know it was the more expensive than beefing up the 150 but I am happy with my decision . Now looking forward to doing some major traveling . Now I really know what they mean buy you can never have too much truck . Just thought I would update. Thanks for all the input everyone had happy days and travel to all.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenc1325 View Post
    I was having the same problem with my F150 with a 2018 2670 .

I decided to go to an F250 . Now with the same WD pro series with anti sway bar and no adjustment .

Now I really know what they mean buy you can never have too much truck .
    Late to this thread I know.

I too ,went this same route when we first bought our 2670. In my case it was a 1/2 ton Titan. Made a lot of changes to try and make the truck work as it had done so well with our campers of the past.
    In the end that 1/2 ton Titan became a 3/4 2500 Ram Diesel. It was with out doubt a huge night and day differerance. As kenc1325 said " You can never have enough truck."
    I know there are folks out there towing a 2670 with a 1/2 ton, but I'm happy I'm no longer one of them. Its just so much easier with the bigger truck.
    Jim T.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScopesNC View Post
    Late to this thread I know.

I too ,went this same route when we first bought our 2670. In my case it was a 1/2 ton Titan. Made a lot of changes to try and make the truck work as it had done so well with our campers of the past.
    In the end that 1/2 ton Titan became a 3/4 2500 Ram Diesel. It was with out doubt a huge night and day differerance. As kenc1325 said " You can never have enough truck."
    I know there are folks out there towing a 2670 with a 1/2 ton, but I'm happy I'm no longer one of them. Its just so much easier with the bigger truck.

Thanks for the reply it was a big expense but now I have the confidence and and comfort . I wasn`t going to do any major traveling with the F150 I would have stayed local , but now I feel a lot more comfortable and plan to do some major traveling. I think Ford has the F150 ecoboost so over rated . Glad I made the switch as I see you are as well happy and safe travels

Kenc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast