User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Nautilus Hook-up

I've read a few threads about keeping the potable water separate from the black flush which I agree with 100%. Just thought I would post my set-up as a different suggestion.

As the pics show: The potable water comes in from the bottom with a quick connect behind the filter which then runs up thru the pressure regulator, then the gallon meter, into the water softener and out to the fresh water connection. I keep a separate lead with regulator for the black water flush and is connected with a quick connect to a dedicated black water hose. The 90 degree fittings and quick connects keep it pretty simple.

ATTACH=CONFIG]21998[/ATTACH]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 - Blk Water in.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	21999
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 - Pot Water in.jpg  
    Terry, Veva, and Duke
    GD 376Th
    2007 Chev Classic 3500 DRW
    2014 Ultra Limited HD
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. Maybe consider some stainless steel hoses for those runs into and out of your storage bay to save any disaster from exploding rubber hoses. Also, may want to consider putting the water pressure regulator at the campground hose bib to protect you supply hose(s) from bursting. Still - all good ideas on what you've already done.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryScott View Post
    I've read a few threads about keeping the potable water separate from the black flush which I agree with 100%. Just thought I would post my set-up as a different suggestion.
    Nice. Not sure which threads you've read, but user @Cate&Rob who knows this stuff a lot better than I do says that the key point is to NOT HAVE THE BLACK RINSE CONNECTED ALL THE TIME. Since you say you have a dedicated hose for it, you might be tempted to just leave it hooked up.

When you push water through the black rinse system it creates a column of fresh water in a vacuum block. This column apparently helps ensure that nothing from the black system can cross over into the potable system while you're rinsing. Then, when you finish rinsing, it's important to let that column of water come back out out of the black system. It's fresh water, nothing to worry about as it comes back out, but if it's held in the system for a time then bacteria can work its way through and cross over into the fresh system.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response boyscout. I only connect the black flush lead to the spigot when it’s time to flush before leaving my site. I don’t flush every time I dump, only when leaving, I do leave the short lead connected to the 90 degree tap rolled up in the bay after flushing and only connect to the dedicated hose when flushing. I have read @Cate&Rob and adhere to their advice!
    Terry, Veva, and Duke
    GD 376Th
    2014 Ultra Limited HD
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traveldawg, thanks. I do pack an extra regulator and will keep watch on possible hose bursts. Good advice ! Like the stainless steel recommendation too.
    Last edited by TerryScott; 08-15-2019 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Add
    Terry, Veva, and Duke
    GD 376Th
    2014 Ultra Limited HD
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]