User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pump not working, anything else to check?

We are about to be hitting the road for a month of boondocking, so of coarse the timing is perfect. Night before last I unhooked the hose hookup since we were going to be down near 20 degrees. Turned on the water pump and it kept running for a while with no water flowing. Basically like it was trying to prime. Turned it off for the night. Yesterday morning I tried it again and everything worked fine. Even left it on the tank all day and no issues.
    This morning I try to turn it on and nothing. Not even a click. Fuse is good. Neither the inside or storage compartment switch have any effect. Anything else to check before we order a new one and hopefully it gets here in time?
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to have self corrected. Guess it froze even though it was only 30 last night and we used the furnace. So much for that arctic package. I’ve even cut the low point drains up into the belly and sealed them in. Tossed a little space heat inside the storage compartment for a bit and everything flows again.

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardqing View Post
    Seems to have self corrected. Guess it froze even though it was only 30 last night and we used the furnace. So much for that arctic package. I’ve even cut the low point drains up into the belly and sealed them in. Tossed a little space heat inside the storage compartment for a bit and everything flows again.
    Glad it worked for you.

I've owned two GD trailers. Never dry-camped in the first one, so first use of the pump was when trying to winterize. It was a b***h to get the pump sucking antifreeze but eventually by combining suggestions here I did get it pulling enough to complete winterization. On winterizing the second trailer the never-used pump whirred but didn't do anything no matter what I tried.

I replaced the factory Lippert pump with a ShurFlo and it sucked like a champ from the first click of the switch. We've used it this summer for dry-camping and it has been great, responsive, good pressure, no undue cycling. I'm looking forward to winterizing not being the struggle it has been twice before.

Which is a long way of suggesting that even though yours has worked you might want to order a new one anyway. Hope you have a great trip.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardqing View Post
    I would think it's kind of unlikely that your pump froze at 30* outside temp. Maybe you have a loose connection.

As much as you boondock; you should have an extra pump. I am thinking about carrying an extra pump just because when it goes out camping stops being fun. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn’t sure it was that either at only 30, it started working though after I heated up the storage compartment with a space heater. I noticed yesterday that the panel makes a slight noise when on city connection like a bit of water is flowing even though everything is off. Swapped over to pump and it wouldn’t work. Filled the tank and swapped it back to pump and it worked. Wondering if there isn’t something wrong with the city connection valve. At this point I’m just leaving it on tank since we will be leaving in a couple days. And yup, be a good idea to have a spare pump. I do have spare filter housings though, learned that lesson!