User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I back flush I run it till the water is clear. Then I close the black tank valve leaving the flush running. Be careful to not let it run too long. I have found about 9 or 10 minutes fills the black tank to about 3/4s> then with flush still running I open the valve. The amount of paper that comes out will surprise you. Let that run till the water is clear than repeat. I do this till I find no more paper coming out. Usually takes about 4 times. From putting so much water in the tank when you open the valve the power is enough that it loosens a lot of paper that may be stuck in the tank. Been doing this for about 3 years now and it works for me.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I think the issue has some confused, To clarify .... Is the problem with the flush inlet , not dumping your black tank ?
    I was reading as when using the Black Flush, not hearing the spray arm spraying water. My suggestion was to run as much clean water through the tank as possible, via the commode so as to be able to try something simple without buying anything.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this problem with my last RV . I solved it by placing 10 gallons of water and a bottle of liquid plumber from the Dollar Tree in the tank before a long trip. After arriving at our campsite I dumped the black tank and and used the black flush connection. The flush sprayer started to work. All the sloshing around in route gives the whole tank a good cleaning. IT also works to clean the sensors.
    Ron & Dianne

2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2012 Ford F-350 6.7 Diesel, SWR

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something I had read on here some time ago was putting a bag of ice in the tanks before a trip along with a lot of water. That would work nicely as it would have the bulk to knock anything loose and when it melts it hasn't left anything but water.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the issue has some confused, To clarify .... Is the problem with the flush inlet , not dumping your black tank ?
    A good reminder to pay attention to the OP. I got off on a tangent. The initial statement was; "Our black flush". Duh, inflow vs outflow... paying attention now.

Calcium build up, sand, and other debris can, and will, get into the system rendering parts somewhat ineffective. I've got something in my sink line right now that is doing this. I am afraid you are up against something that I would leave to professional techs. Clearing and testing the sewer rinse function. I know my limitations.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too forgot what the original op had posted. Got caught up in just a couple of posts. Need to do a better job of watching.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I back flush I run it till the water is clear. Then I close the black tank valve leaving the flush running. Be careful to not let it run too long. I have found about 9 or 10 minutes fills the black tank to about 3/4s> then with flush still running I open the valve. The amount of paper that comes out will surprise you. Let that run till the water is clear than repeat. I do this till I find no more paper coming out. Usually takes about 4 times. From putting so much water in the tank when you open the valve the power is enough that it loosens a lot of paper that may be stuck in the tank. Been doing this for about 3 years now and it works for me.
    I normally fill it twice as Getting rid if the. Paper is a major issue if you want long term black tank health. I then make sure there is 3 or more gallons of water in the tank before I turn the flusher off so the first few uses have water to dissolve any solids.
    However I think the original poster was talking about his flusher. Not his dumper. This is my second RV with a flush system. I have never had an issue with them clogging, my question to you is what kind of water filtration do you use before water is introduced to your RV?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry all, busy work week. Yup, I am discussing the tank flush that cleans out the tank, not the tank emptying itself. Yes, the factory installed screen is still in place which makes me assume nothing got in there to block it up. However, since neither debris getting in or calcium building up makes sense, I have no clue. Il just have to pull the belly I think and find a way to test the line from the vacuum breaker to the tank since I think the blockage is somewhere in there.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most water system in rural areas I am around are notoriously hard, and that means a lot of calcium, I have water filter overload I think. I use the factory one in the unit, but also put a unit in front of that, a really low micron unit. I do worry about buildup. If you think that thing is really clogged, try a calcium remover in the hose and see if that helps getting some movement through the sprayer. Besides that it could mean opening up the unit to look inside.
    2019 375 RES Linen
    KI6KER General
    Home Base Phoenix

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe try putting a vacuum on the flush line? Might suck out debris in the line if that is what the problem is. Can't hurt and should be easy to do. Good luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast