User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is 2019 F-350 Too Tall for 310-GK-R

I happened across a couple videos on YouTube that said in some cases, a 2019 F-350 could be too tall for certain fifth wheels. See links below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROcYY2JfHMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWiJWfs7uHc

I hope not because I just purchased a 2019 F-350 DRW with the intent on purchasing a 310-GK-R.

Thanks

EDIT .... I just saw the post below on a similar topic and if I am reading it correctly, it looks like I should be ok. But those videos sure gave me a moment of panic.
    Last edited by Sowbug; 10-02-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sowbug View Post
    I happened across a couple videos on YouTube that said in some cases, a 2019 F-350 could be too tall for certain fifth wheels. See links below:

I hope not because I just purchased a 2019 F-350 DRW with the intent on purchasing a 310-GK-R.

Thanks

EDIT .... I just saw the post below on a similar topic and if I am reading it correctly, it looks like I should be ok. But those videos sure gave me a moment of panic.
    I have a 2019 F350 SRW and a 310GK. The truck is set up for maximum towing without being a DRW.
    I know we are not overloaded on the trailer, although it is not empty either. When hitched, both the truck and trailer are about perfectly level.
    I suspect with the DRW you might have different springs and will not sag quite as much. Then it might sit a bit high. If the springs are exactly the same as a SRW then you should be level.
    You will have some vertical adjustment in the Pin Box and the hitch. Just have to watch the bed clearance.
    I would say you have a very robust combination, a little tweeking and you will be good.
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't a DRW come with OEM 17" tires? Not a Ford guy per say but when looking at Ram 3500 SRW and DRW on dealer lots the DRW sits lower.
    Last edited by goducks14; 10-08-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is 2019 F-350 Too Tall for 310-GK-R

Yes, my DRW has 17 inch tires which will help some hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We faced the same height issue. Traded in a 2007 F350DRW for a 2019, just took delivery on the new one.

Now we have:

2019 F350 DRW 4x4 CrewCab Limited w/ 8' Box 6.7L PSD
    2015 ST325X 36' Triple Slide 5th Wheel

Took the truck with the OEM 5th wheel prep and 5th wheel hitch.
    Added air bags (not needed for 5th but helps stability with 10.5" slide in camper on the back.

5th wheel now sits a bit nose high while keeping box clearance at 6" so the taller truck DOES make a difference.
    Is it enough to worry about ? I'll be taking the unit over the scales either today or tomorrow to see if there's a delta in the axle loads, that's my chief concern.

I'm figuring we have some tweaking to do but this combo should work.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce G .... would appreciate knowing what you find out after you wear your rig.

Is your fifth wheel a Solitude?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll post as soon as I get the scale info.
    Fifth wheel is a Solitude. Here's what it looks like now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8148.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	22980

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should be fine.

I have an 18 F350 Crew Cab short box on 35" tall tires and I sit level with my Momentum 349M.

For reference the rear of my 18 F350 SRW is about 5 inches taller than my 13 F350 dually I also own.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sowbug View Post

Thanks

I just traded my F250 to F350 DRW and also planning to upgrade to Solitude 310GK or 310GK-R not sure which one yet.
    My F250 was taller than F350, I actually had to increase the height on my B&W hitch so the 295RL is leveled.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on scales :
    Pin 1400kg (3,086 lbs)
    Front Axle 2290kg (5,048 lbs)
    Back Axle 2370kg (5,224 lbs)

Towed the unit 500km this weekend. What a difference from my '07 ! The old truck was more than capable but this new '19 tows like a dream.
    I'll look into tweaking trailer ride height next spring perhaps, after I do some more research. I'm not at all concerned at this point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast