User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

381M Auxiliary Water Tank

Couple of questions. Spec sheet and Nautilus panel indicate I have an auxiliary water tank. The GD main data sheet supplied with the unit states the water tank is 106 gallons, therefore I assume the aux tank is 51 gallons, since GD website advertises as 157 total gallons of water capacity. How does water from the aux tank get to the water pump? There is no switch/knob to turn to use this supply. Is it gravity fed? Do the tanks equalize?

After draining both main and aux tanks empty, I filled the main tank through the panel. The InCommand center indicated 100% full. I let supply water run, to see where it might overflow from, but it never overflowed. Is this normal? Does it overflow into the aux tank? It has to overflow eventually. Where? Any help is appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum Auxiliary Water Tank

I posted this in the Momentum forum, but thinking I'll get more views and responses here...

Couple of questions. Spec sheet and Nautilus panel indicate I have an auxiliary water tank. There is an aux water tank fill port on the panel, below the main city connection. The GD main data sheet supplied with the unit states the water tank is 106 gallons, therefore I assume the aux tank is 51 gallons, since GD website advertises as 157 total gallons of water capacity. How does water from the aux tank get to the water pump? There is no switch/knob to turn to use this supply. Is it gravity fed? Do the tanks equalize?

After draining both main and aux tanks empty, I filled the main tank through the panel. The InCommand center indicated 100% full. I let supply water run, to see where it might overflow from, but it never overflowed. Is this normal? Does it overflow into the aux tank? It has to overflow eventually. Where? Any help is appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I have the exact same question. Just picked up our new Momentum 328m, got home tried sanitizing the water system and came up with this issue. Auxillary tank not pointed out in pre-delivery. I will be watching your post.

From what I have seen on this forum, some one will share the answer, and not make us feel stooooopid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one with any insight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one have any insight on this?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CFDWheeler - Since no one on the forum seems to know the answer to this question, I have moved your post to the Manufacturer's Tech corner which is monitored by GDRV and I will tag Emily. This should get you the answer that you are looking for.

Rob (Moderator)
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning:

I too have new unit with the auxiliary water tank. I was told that it is a gravity feed system, and it takes time for them to balance out when filling. However, my monitor shows main, at 66% but my overflow from auxiliary water tank starts pouring out.

Dealer said to let them balance, then fill some more. Still playing with it. I feel your pain! Maybe one of us will figure it out.

Ken

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CFDWheeler View Post
    I posted this in the Momentum forum, but thinking I'll get more views and responses here...

Couple of questions. Spec sheet and Nautilus panel indicate I have an auxiliary water tank. There is an aux water tank fill port on the panel, below the main city connection. The GD main data sheet supplied with the unit states the water tank is 106 gallons, therefore I assume the aux tank is 51 gallons, since GD website advertises as 157 total gallons of water capacity. How does water from the aux tank get to the water pump? There is no switch/knob to turn to use this supply. Is it gravity fed? Do the tanks equalize?

Hello!

I am working with our team to get you an answer asap. Please note that our systems are down due to a power outage. As soon as I can get you the info, I will post it!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are my observations:

Aux tank will fill much faster with the Aux inlet on the Nautilus panel than the main tank will fill. This has two outcomes; 1) If you fill from the Aux inlet it will overflow at the Aux once it fills (around 40-50 gallons) It fill fast enough that the connector cannot balance the tanks. 2) If you fill from the main tank if takes a lot more water and it fills more slowly so it will balance "more" and not hit the overflow as quickly. It's also possible the overflow from the main tank goes into the Aux although I have not tested or confirmed that.

Whichever one you fill it will eventually balance and will be able to see water come from the drains on both tanks.

The water pump apparently does not pull water fast enough to create a problem balancing the tanks, but I have not proven this either. I do know that the aux flows so slowly to the main tank that you can run the pump dry even after you've pumped 10-20 gallons into the aux tank.

It is very confusing.

In short I would summarize this way: Always fill from the "power fill" inlet in "power fill" mode. This is the easiest and safest, yet slowest.

Alternatively you could connect two hoses and fill both (just monitor how much you put in, an inexpensive inline meter will do the trick).

If you just fill your aux tank you will hit overflow around 40-50 gallons and you'll have to wait a while for them to balance so you'll spend more time doing that than just powerfilling the main tank.
    2018 Momentum 328M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EStahley View Post
    Hello!

I am working with our team to get you an answer asap. Please note that our systems are down due to a power outage. As soon as I can get you the info, I will post it!

Update: Still waiting to hear back from GD after providing my VIN.
    2019 Momentum 381M
    2018 Denali Dually LB with B&W Companion puck hitch
    Polaris RZR XP1k and Ranger 900XP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast