User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2400BH Actual Tongue / Hitch Weight

Has anyone weighed the tongue of their 2400BH to get a real hitch weight number when loaded up to camp. We are looking at buying a 2400BH but I am concerned about payload. If it is around 750 lbs we should be fine but if it is closer to 900 lbs then we are getting near or slightly over payload . Using GVWR with the 10-15% rule would put it at 750 lbs to 1125lbs which is a big range. I know we would always travel any distance with the tanks empty but would still have our gear. Would greatly appreciate if anyone can share their tongue weights for a 2400BH.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good morning. I have a Reflection TT, so I can't speak to your specific model. But my tongue weight varies widely depending on my loading and how much water I have on board. In order to keep it under control, I purchased a Sherline scale. I use it every time I get ready to leave on a trip so that I know where I stand. They are kind of pricey, but a real help when tongue weights matter.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased a 2023 2400BH with the rack & pinion and had the dealership weigh the tongue. With 2 batteries and 2 full propane tanks the average of 3 weights was 600lbs.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wwiihistory View Post
    I just purchased a 2023 2400BH with the rack & pinion and had the dealership weigh the tongue. With 2 batteries and 2 full propane tanks the average of 3 weights was 600lbs.
    There is a sheet of paper that has the weights from the factory in your documentation
    My 2400 weighed 550 when it left the factory
    I have an absorption fridge which may add weight but I question the 600 figure. How did they weigh it?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    There is a sheet of paper that has the weights from the factory in your documentation
    My 2400 weighed 550 when it left the factory
    I have an absorption fridge which may add weight but I question the 600 figure. How did they weigh it?
    It’s still an empty weight. Not configured for a trip. I would guesstimate 120lbs for two batteries and maybe 80 for the full propane tanks. That takes his weight from a factory dry weight of approx 5595 to 5795. 600 average tongue weight puts it about 10.5%.

As you said about the weight sticker from the factory and how much was added with the batteries and tanks.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for comparison. My 2023, 2600RB had a listed tongue weight of 580 pounds. When I went to pick it up the first thing I did was to weigh the tongue with my Sherline tongue weight scale, before adding anything at all to the trailer. According to the Sherline the empty tongue weight was actually a little over 750 pounds. Nearly 200 pounds over the factory weight claim.
    Beware of factory weights and specifications.
    2023 Imagine 2600RB (our 15th RV)
    2013 Nissan Armada Platinum
    Owned everything from 16' TT to a 38' class A DP

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2400BH Actual Tongue / Hitch Weight

Quote Originally Posted by Hohenwald48 View Post
    Just for comparison. My 2023, 2600RB had a listed tongue weight of 580 pounds. When I went to pick it up the first thing I did was to weigh the tongue with my Sherline tongue weight scale, before adding anything at all to the trailer. According to the Sherline the empty tongue weight was actually a little over 750 pounds. Nearly 200 pounds over the factory weight claim.
    Beware of factory weights and specifications.
    Factory weight didn’t have full propane tanks or bateery(ies).

Factory weights are done without these items and without dealer installed options.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just buy a 2500 series 3/4 ton truck and you don’t have to do this angst

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    Just buy a 2500 series 3/4 ton truck and you don’t have to do this angst
    The OP has an f350 according to his signature but btw this post was started 5 years ago
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload